Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

holy crap i sucked so bad yesterday

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
  • 14 Replies
I bought an espresso maker and tried makning a latte at home. It wasn't brewing so I turned it off, let it cool for 20mins or so then tried releasing the pressure by loosening the cap. It still had a lot of pressure and the cap blew off spewing crazy hot water everywhere. I have a burn on my lip that looks like a cold sore. Then while making bfast, I burnt my finger on the bacon grease. Then in the afternoon while throwing some tree branches in a dumpster I scratched the shit out of the back of my leg on a log that was behind me. Then after we got home in kept tripping on shit and dropping stuff. What a pain in the ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondie805
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
4 moms liked this

Sounds like a sucky day! Here are some flowers I hope that you have a better day.hugs

yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow!!! I hope you heal quickly and have a much better day!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

feel better

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Hope you heal soon and things get better...

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Thanx ladies. I'm returning the espresso maker and from now on am just going to brew regular coffee at home and go to starbucks for a latte. Its safer. Lol the burn never really hurt. Its pretty minor. Yesterday was a much better day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Ouch!  I'm so sorry!  Be gentle on yourself though, everyone has accidents.

lilfishbigocean
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Looks like you just need to go to bed and say bye-bye to today! LOL

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Today was MUCH better day! I went and bought a new pair of pants with the $20 I got from returning the espresso maker and realized I'm down a size! Hello size 8! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FindersKeepers
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM

We got an espresso maker for a wedding gift that I used twice with pretty much the same results.... There are some really tasty creamers now... so you don't even need to go to Starbucks for a latte.   My new fav is International Delight Chocolate Carmel... I mix it with non-fat half and half to keep the calories down a little and it takes just like a mocha.

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Thanx ladies. I'm returning the espresso maker and from now on am just going to brew regular coffee at home and go to starbucks for a latte. Its safer. Lol the burn never really hurt. Its pretty minor. Yesterday was a much better day.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM
At home I just put a little milk in my coffee. So its kinda like a latte. I don't go do starbucks very often (less than once a month) but I do quite enjoy it. International delights also makes iced coffee ready made too.

Quoting FindersKeepers:

We got an espresso maker for a wedding gift that I used twice with pretty much the same results.... There are some really tasty creamers now... so you don't even need to go to Starbucks for a latte.   My new fav is International Delight Chocolate Carmel... I mix it with non-fat half and half to keep the calories down a little and it takes just like a mocha.

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)