Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does this sound normal? Possible TMI.

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 27 Replies

I know that once you have a baby, you're supposed to bleed.  Then the blood turns into the faint yellowish discharge after a bit and continues for up to six weeks after birth.  I read something online that if you stop bleeding for a few days and the begin bleeding again, it could be a potential problem...especially after a cesarean.  I gave birth about two weeks ago and have had intermittent bleeding since then, and now I'm bleeding like I'm on my menstrual.  Does that sound normal, or does it sound like something I should bring up to my doctor?  

CafeMom Tickers  CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM
4 moms liked this

I would talk with your Dr. to just be on the safe side.

mom4fun695
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I agree. It may be nothing but it can never hurt to ask your doctor 

LOVEiink
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Thanks ladies.  Just wasn't sure if other women go through this...I bled a lot after my twins, but my doctor said it was normal since my uterus had gotten so large.  This time, it just seemed off.

CafeMom Tickers  CafeMom Tickers

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I've never had a c-section so no experience there.  I would definitely call your provider if you have any concerns.

WildCat73
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Quoting mom4fun695:

I agree. It may be nothing but it can never hurt to ask your doctor 

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Btw, congrats on your new baby!!

blg5484
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM

i was like that but i didnt have acsection and my bleeding didnt stop til 8 weeks

SHORTSHORT
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

i have had 2..tho its normal i bleed 8wks due to the stress i put on my body after the c-section..i would still consult wit primary care doc just to ease my mind..u can never be too careful especially after a c-section..btw congrats

KeheleyLayna
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

i was bleeding normally after the birth of my daughter for i know atleast 2 weeks. then it stopped for x amount of time, and i started bleeding again. went to my doc and she said i was getting back into the normal routine of my periods. but i would call or take a visit to the office.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I bled on and off. A lot at first and then ot tapered off some . Then increased again. But I had vaginal births.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN