Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex husband

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
My poor girls my ex has been giving up so much time with them lately. I just wonder what they r feeling. My oldest 11 has figured out he is a lier and only cares about himself but as awful as he is he is still her dad. Anyone else in the sMe boat where u want ur kids dad to leave them alone if he is going to keep disappointing them but at the aame time u want them to have a relationship with their dad???????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Even if he is a sucky dad he is still their dad and its natural for you to want him to be a part of their lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kpooh79
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I have 4 kiddos all by my ex and it has never been good. He has never been a part of their lives even when we were together (2000-2008) and my oldest is 11yr and youngest is 6yr. I told him multiple times if he doesn't plan on doing what he promises the kids then don't tell the kids you are going to do it. I got to the point of finally just stopping him from talking to them (without me listening to the whole conversation). He now has a new girlfriend and is wanting to do more (not that he does other than checking in once a week) but my kids know not to expect anything from him. It is hard for you (to watch their hearts be broke) and for them, just don't lie to them and be honest with them. I guess my kids are lucky cause they have 2 dads (bio-dad and step-dad) and step-dad does more with them then bio ever did, they say he is daddy. Good luck and sorry that you have to go through this.

busysahmwith3
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My new husband is the same he does ao much more with them plus we have a son I think at times they wish he was their dad too. Its nice when kids have another great dad when their sperm donors suck
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM

My father was that way. He'd make arrangements and then break them. Eventually it got to the point where my mom didn't tell us he was coming to see us until he was actually already in town. Then he just stopped coming to visit us. Was it disappointing? Yes, however I did get over it. There were other male figures in my life that treated me like a daughter. Many of them were uncles, some where men from church. One even took me to a "Me and my Pal" camping trip (A trip for dad's and daughters). I am 35 years old and the last time I saw my father was when I was 10 and the last time I spoke to him was when I was 19. It is all good.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Quoting splatz:

Even if he is a sucky dad he is still their dad and its natural for you to want him to be a part of their lives.

Exactly! And I hope he comes around.
erikadi
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I think they need to spend some time away from their dad. Hopefully in the future he will be the kind of Dad you want them having a relationship with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)