Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Buying toy = spoiled?

Posted by   + Show Post
Yesterday Landon woke up with a fever and since we were camping, I took lex up to the nearest dollar store for some medicine.

While there, I got her a $1 coloring book, $.75 crayons, and a magic wand that was $1.50 bc it was half off. I did buy another coloring book but I got it for her birthday which is next month.

I don't buy toys every single time but that time there was nothing for HER to play with. She's 23 months so isnt like I will let her run wild.

I get back to the camper and my sil immediately comments about Lexi is spoiled. She was sorta joking but it was still irritating. I didn't know getting your child a cheap toy to keep her entertained made her spoil. Hmm. I guess my 5.5 yearsof parenting are nothing compared other 2-3 weeks of parenting foster kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Replies (21-23):
DixieFlower
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Wow my sons must be really spoiled with the coloring books and crayons I get them from the dollar store. <insert sarcasm> Just ignore it. That's definitely not spoiling a child.

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff that you just have to let roll of your back and rise above.  You know you did nothing wrong so don't let it bring you down :).

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Btw, I bought my son a ridiculously overpriced plastic wheelbarrow the other day, just to make him feel better since he's been sick (hospitlalized) and his older brothers were out playing lazer tag and he was too young to go with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)