Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedtime frustrations

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM
  • 19 Replies

my 4 year old has been afraid of her room at night for months and I keep thinking its just a phase and she'll grow out of it. It's actually gotten worse It used to be that every morning we wake up to her crawling in bed with us but now it's like every night she starts crying and wants to sleep with us. It makes us feel so bad that we let her sleep with us sometimes but I don't want this to become a habit. our sex life is disappering before our eyes we try to get creative but no where is safe because if she notices we are gone she follows. I'm getting cranky. lol I need my sexy time. we've put christmas lights in her room and she has this really cool blue light that pretty much lights up her room and we have put a tv in there so she can watch movies if she wants. I've run out of ideas and this mommy needs some quality time with her hubby any ideas?

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM
What is she afraid of? my Ds was afraid of the scaries for a while, so i took a cloth bag that his pillow case came in and hung it on his door as a scary trap. he also has a stuffed dog that watches out for them and for a long timee i had to lock the scaries in their cages as i was leaving his room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeegirl2
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM

it's a combination of things she says it's the shadows, the noises (her rooom is the closest  to the street so she hears cars and anything going on outside), and the just being alone. we've done those types of things like trap the scarys and she has a lion flashlight that roars she keeps next to her bed to light up the room and scare anything away and see that it's gone. I just don't know

arbnmom
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I started just 2 or 3 times a night taking my son back to his bed and he finally stayed all night eventually. ha dont give up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Maybe put up darker curtains so that it takes away the shadows.

Quoting coffeegirl2:

it's a combination of things she says it's the shadows, the noises (her rooom is the closest  to the street so she hears cars and anything going on outside), and the just being alone. we've done those types of things like trap the scarys and she has a lion flashlight that roars she keeps next to her bed to light up the room and scare anything away and see that it's gone. I just don't know

snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Well my daughter is 9 and is terrified to sleep in her own room. She thinks there are spider's in there that are gonna bite her. It is very frustrating and I'm hoping she will just grow out of this. All I can say is good luck to you try to nip it in the bud. Or your gonna end up with 9 year old in you bed like me. lol.... Best of luck!

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Landon is 5 and just this past month started sleeping through the niht. Lol. I suggest removing the TV and replacing it with either a noise machine or cd player. When you tuck her in, tell her, "You sleep all night, ok? Mommy will come get you in the morning." If you make breakfast, mention that she can help cook after sleeping all night in HER bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I'm still trying to get my one year old out of my bed! I haven't got to the I'm scared stage yet but im not looking forward to it! Good luck and hope you find something that works soon!
DixieFlower
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I was thinking the same thing. They also have some curtains that are thick enough to also block out some of the sound. That might work. Also maybe try a soothing sound machine or some sort of lavender fragrance in her room to help with calming.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Maybe put up darker curtains so that it takes away the shadows.

Quoting coffeegirl2:

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I think you can still get quality time with you husband this way.  We have always done a family bed and it's never stopped us.  Especially if she's only coming in later in the night or morning then you still have the night when you first get in bed.  Then there is when you both get out of bed, shower time ;).  Also, you can make time during the day, after work.  Trust me, it's possible!

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)