Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you explain it? (maybe a little tmi)

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 5 Replies
Earlier tonight my 3yo ds walked into the bathroom while I was changing my pad. He asks "what was in that pad? Was that butt blood?" I tell him "no, don't worry about it." He asks "was it blood from a big owie? Tell me!". I told him its from a period and its just something girls get. He accepted the answer. (Also I'm extremely overjoyed I don't use tampons. Lmao) I'm curious if your little ones have ever questioned you about aunt flow and how you answered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM
No my little ones luckily never saw anything. I think you just have to explain just enough for their age level.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ekh2010
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM
I use tampons I told her shell learn bout em at big school when she turns 12. Lol I lock the bathroom door when I change it she gets frustrated but idk how to field that q yet...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tay06
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

The most my son (2) has done is when he walked in on me the one time he did, he pointed at it and yelled "eww!"  LOL!  I didn't realize he was in there until he yelled, so I was just as surprised as he was.  I need to teach him how to knock...

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Yes, this has happened to me before.  I just told the truth in as simplest of terminology as I could.  I found the main thing they are concerned about is whether I am injured or in pain.  I explained that it's a normal part of female physiology and the actually bleeding does not hurt.  

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM
No my DS hasnt but he did give me a disgusted look. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)