Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

OMG. i just wanted to flick him in the forehead.

Posted by   + Show Post

but i didnt. 

the baby daddy always thinks he knows EVERYTHING and has this tendency to talk down to you like your wrong and stupid. im not sure if he know he does this but today he really annoyed me. we were at target doing a little family shopping and he says we should potty train ryder (our son). he just turned 1 in may and took his first steps this past sunday (yay!). he cant walk fluently yet but tries. i told him ryders not ready. he gets all defenesive and says i need to stop using chase (my 2yr old brother who has autisum) as an example. i thought it was rude to say that, i take care of our son 99% of the time and do ask my mom for advice but im not using my lil brother as an example for our child. every childs different whether they have a disablity or not. i am willing to try dont get me wrong but at least have him walking...

when were you kids potty trained?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Replies (21-23):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM
My ds turned 3 in march and isn't fully trained yet. Poop training is the hardest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Here is what we did with my oldest. At 16 months old we bought a potty and put it in the main bathroom. Before baths he'd sit on it while we ran his water. Every now and then he'd ask us to go potty. When he turned 2.5 yrs old something just clicked and he potty trained himself. Since then he's not had any accidents except for when he was sick.  Here is what the Mayo Clinic says on the topic:

"Is it time?

Potty-training success hinges on physical and emotional readiness, not a specific age. Many kids show interest in potty training by age 2, but others might not be ready until age 2 1/2 or even older — and there's no rush. If you start potty training too early, it might take longer to train your child.

Is your child ready? Ask yourself these questions:

• Does your child seem interested in the potty chair or toilet, or in wearing underwear?
  • Can your child understand and follow basic directions?
  • Does your child tell you through words, facial expressions or posture when he or she needs to go?
  • Does your child stay dry for periods of two hours or longer during the day?
  • Does your child complain about wet or dirty diapers?
  • Can your child pull down his or her pants and pull them up again?
  • Can your child sit on and rise from a potty chair?

If you answered mostly yes, your child might be ready for potty training. If you answered mostly no, you might want to wait awhile — especially if your child has recently faced or is about to face a major change, such as a move or the arrival of a new sibling. A toddler who opposes potty training today might be open to the idea in a few months.

There's no need to postpone potty training if your child has a chronic medical condition but is able to use the toilet normally. Be aware that the process might take longer, however."

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:37 PM
I think guys are clueless sometimes! My dd is 13 months and is nowhere near being ready for potty training!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)