Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So Tired from being put in the middle....

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I have been with Mom to Mom now since 11, I haven't posted much. I am having an issue with my parents and I needed to vent, some place my parental unit would not see.

So I am going to be 26 in 3 weeks, my husband is going to be 31 in 6 weeks. We moved in with my parents ( not only cause we moved back from pa but because they said we could save money living with them so we could buy a house) to help be able to save money to buy a house in less than a year and so we could get back on our feet. Right now I am the only one working, it pays our bills and puts a little bit of money in  to the savings account, along with my husbands unemployment check. We give them money (by our own choice) for the water and electricity.

My problem persay is that my dad will say one thing for example allowing us to hang things in our room (put holes in the wall) and then my mom turns around and gets mad because we did it. It was agreed apon that we would all live together for one year. At this point I am seriously thinking about finding a second job and doing something sooner. I am almost 26 and I feel like they are putting me between each other again like I am 17. My mother is the worst right now everything is her way and how she wants it I feel like I have to be her maid, take care of her dogs, and make sure to stay out of her way just to keep a piecefull home!!!! I need a way out and I do not know how to find it...

Hopelessly lost by the ocean!!!

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meka26
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Sit down and talk with them together. Let them know how you feel. If afterwards things don't change, move out. Is your DH looking for work?

angelfromcali21
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

We have talked it out, we have discussed certain things. Things are fine for a week sometimes more, but then my mom has a shitty day at work and comes to home and it gets taken out on us. Like right now they got mad because we did not cook anything for dinner so they got all pissy and said "well since I guess they are not cooking we got to go get something". My DH has looked for work but we figured that it would cost more in daycare for him to go to work so for the time being we are doing what we can. We have tossed around the overnight work thing but the problem is our 10 month olds sleep schedule is all over the place there is no guarantee that he would get sleep in the morning when I am at work!

surrender

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I really have no advice, I've never been in the situation. But I hope it gets better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry girl:/ (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM
So sorry =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Sorry it's been hard for you.  I would recommend getting approval from both before you do anything to the house that way you can avoid that.  Also, try to put youself in your mom's shoes.  It's probably hard to have so many people living in her home after all these years.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM
hugs

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Why didn't you cook anything for dinner?  I mean, were you expecting your mom to cook for you guys after a full day of work?  If your husband isn't working, why doesn't he cook dinner each night?  Seems like the least you guys could do.

Quoting angelfromcali21:

We have talked it out, we have discussed certain things. Things are fine for a week sometimes more, but then my mom has a shitty day at work and comes to home and it gets taken out on us. Like right now they got mad because we did not cook anything for dinner so they got all pissy and said "well since I guess they are not cooking we got to go get something". My DH has looked for work but we figured that it would cost more in daycare for him to go to work so for the time being we are doing what we can. We have tossed around the overnight work thing but the problem is our 10 month olds sleep schedule is all over the place there is no guarantee that he would get sleep in the morning when I am at work!

surrender

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I would sit down and talk with them and things still don't work out then I would start looking for your own place.

erikadi
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM

This is a website for best jobs for working mothers. Hopefully something will work out for you.

http://www.workingmother.com/best-companies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN