Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So Tired from being put in the middle....

So I have been with Mom to Mom now since 11, I haven't posted much. I am having an issue with my parents and I needed to vent, some place my parental unit would not see.

So I am going to be 26 in 3 weeks, my husband is going to be 31 in 6 weeks. We moved in with my parents ( not only cause we moved back from pa but because they said we could save money living with them so we could buy a house) to help be able to save money to buy a house in less than a year and so we could get back on our feet. Right now I am the only one working, it pays our bills and puts a little bit of money in  to the savings account, along with my husbands unemployment check. We give them money (by our own choice) for the water and electricity.

My problem persay is that my dad will say one thing for example allowing us to hang things in our room (put holes in the wall) and then my mom turns around and gets mad because we did it. It was agreed apon that we would all live together for one year. At this point I am seriously thinking about finding a second job and doing something sooner. I am almost 26 and I feel like they are putting me between each other again like I am 17. My mother is the worst right now everything is her way and how she wants it I feel like I have to be her maid, take care of her dogs, and make sure to stay out of her way just to keep a piecefull home!!!! I need a way out and I do not know how to find it...

Hopelessly lost by the ocean!!!

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (11-16):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM
We moved in with my parents when I was pregnant and my mother and I just couldnt get along! Thankfully we moved out last nov and all is well again lol!
DixieFlower
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I would say have a meeting. Find out exactly what is expected. Who is responsible for what. Then make a schedule. When you have that many adults living together everything needs to be upfront. I know that if I ever have to move back home that it's my mom's house and she says what goes. If I don't like it I'm free to leave. However, my mom is very upfront about what she expects.

angelfromcali21
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:04 AM

We had things up front, most were even written down. Then like a week ago my mother got all pissy and was like why isnt this done and why isnt this taken care of? When she went off I asked her if it was on the list of chores that we were suppose to be handling and she said it should have been and I pulled it out and was like I am sorry but I did not know to take care of your dogs or make sure dads mess was cleaned up was our responsibility.

To answer the question about why we did not make dinner that day. We had a late lunch that day because of having a mid-afternoon appointment and grocery shoping to take care of. I had texted her while we were out getting groceries if there was anything she wanted for dinner and she did not respond, so when she got home and nothing was made I asked her if she wanted me to make her something because we mostlikely would not be eating except maybe a snack later as we had a late lunch. I get home usually before my mother, and my husband usually has something pulled out of the freezer and I will cook when I get home from work. I happened to be off work that day so that is why we ran errands. My husband can cook, but prefers to grill, plus my mom is so picky that sometimes she doesn't want what we are having and will pull out one of her frozen dinners even if I have cooked. So its a little frustrating.

I made a comment to my husband this evening some weeks I feel like my mother is bi-polar, because one day she is totally fine, the next she is oposite end of the spectrum. Idk, all I know is we are slowly gettin there but somedays its just not fast enought!!!

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Move.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Hope things work out.....I've had to move back our early days and had run -ins with my parent.....do the best you can right now.....it was better when we were finally able to move.....but do what you have to do for now.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Well it is their home and if your mom doesn't want you to put holes in the wall then just don't. It's not really a big deal. But yeah I could Not imagine living back at my mother's house **shudder!!!** so I feel ya. I would talk to your mom, because she didn't hire you to live in her house and be her maid so that shouldn't be going on. And I would talk to my dh because he should be looking for work as well. Has he tried a temp agency? Literally the 1 we have here in Hickville MI, you walk in and they send you to a job. Good luck with everything!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN