Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ugh, its annoying me tonight.

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 19 Replies
My ocd that is. I've managed to calm down a lot with the ocd without meds because we're ttc but tonight it kinda flared out. I wanted to make a schedule for this week for me and dd. And it turned into me writing it then adding to it and rewriting it 3 times. If there was one mistake I had to start over. I couldn't stop it. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smily2008
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Try just stopping taking a deep breath and watching one of your favorite shows on tv.  Dont even try to make a scheldule tonight.

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Hugs!

MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
The schedule is finally done. I finished before I posted. When my ocd acts up I can't really control it. I can't stop. I've tried deep breaths and watching a movie. Right now I'm flexing my right hand, tapping fingers and twittling my thumbs when I'm not typing mobile on here.

Quoting smily2008:

Try just stopping taking a deep breath and watching one of your favorite shows on tv.  Dont even try to make a scheldule tonight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Thank you. I've done well since Jan with controlling it. I only got 1-2 out of control days like tonight a month now. Which I think is pretty good considering I was diagnosed with extreme ocd and I'm not using meds for it.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smily2008
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

my very good friend has ocd.  that always seems to help her so i thought maybe it might help.  i can't imagine how frustrating it must be.  hugs to you.  hope you feel better soon:)

MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Thank you. Normally when it flares up I have to clean. But tonight its just a repetitive thing. Tapping mainly. Dh asked what was wrong because I can't sit still and I just told him my ocd is acting up.

Quoting smily2008:

my very good friend has ocd.  that always seems to help her so i thought maybe it might help.  i can't imagine how frustrating it must be.  hugs to you.  hope you feel better soon:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM

That's not bad, considering.  I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Thank you. I've done well since Jan with controlling it. I only got 1-2 out of control days like tonight a month now. Which I think is pretty good considering I was diagnosed with extreme ocd and I'm not using meds for it.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Hugs!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

hugs

MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Thanks. Today I feel better.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikadi
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM

It is great that you are trying to stay off your meds. I commend for you doing it because I know how hard it can be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)