Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ugh, its annoying me tonight.

My ocd that is. I've managed to calm down a lot with the ocd without meds because we're ttc but tonight it kinda flared out. I wanted to make a schedule for this week for me and dd. And it turned into me writing it then adding to it and rewriting it 3 times. If there was one mistake I had to start over. I couldn't stop it. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Replies (11-19):
snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Hope today is a good one :)

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I have OCD and I make myself stress and sick bc of it! Try to relax! It's hard, I know!
MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Thanks. We really want a second child and I don't want to mess that up in any way.

Quoting erikadi:

It is great that you are trying to stay off your meds. I commend for you doing it because I know how hard it can be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Ugh, I can completely sympathize!!

MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Thanks. When I was pregnant it triggered it. I never even realized I did things in certain orders. And at the end of my pregnancy I was put on bed rest. It drove me crazy. I would always want to clean but knew if I did my dh (then bf) would send me to our room lol. I would have to sit on the edge of the bed and actually rock holding my hands together. And at the time I didn't know what it was I just knew it was something. After dd was born I would stay up for hours cleaning after she was born. Until dh said go lay down. It actually took him telling me to do this or do that to be able to do it. If you ever need someone to talk to you can pm me

Quoting Pammi86:

I have OCD and I make myself stress and sick bc of it! Try to relax! It's hard, I know!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Aww that's awful dear, maybe you should look into meds, you shouldn't have to live like that if something can help you.

MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I was taking medication. But since we're ttc I ddin't want to be on the meds and not know if I was pregnant and it harm the baby.I've been off the medication since Jan 1st when I stopped my birth control and I've only had 5-6 bad OCD days since then counting the night that I made this post. Normally I can ignore the urges to do what my OCD says but that night was just really bothering me. It's not so much suffering for me because when I was on the medication I was doing things in certain orders still. For example if I buy a snack sized bag of m&m's I have to eat them in a certain order. Brown and yellow, then red and blue then orange and green. For some reason I like the orange and green better...they aren't any different but the ones that I "like" have to go last. Same with sweet tarts if I treat myself with some I either eat them by the handful or open the whole thing and then eat the purple, blue, red, green and orange in that order and I'm not sure why orange and green are always last because they aren't my favoreite colors but I just think they go together somehow. Sometimes its annoying but no where's near as bad as when I was pregnant. I also think part of the reason I stopped the meds was to teach myself how to deal with the OCD without medication because I know when I get pregnant again and the "nesting" kicks in I will have to be able to control it or know how to deal with it without meds. And I've also learned that when it flares up I am able to stop the "ticks" when my daughter calls for me.I don't really notice alot else going on until she says "mommy" Thanks though for the concern.

Quoting goddess99:

Aww that's awful dear, maybe you should look into meds, you shouldn't have to live like that if something can help you.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Hugs

MrsWhite101610
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM

thanks.

Quoting IreneCarroll:

Hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)