Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Dad Charged With Strapping Daughter in Car Seat & Fatally Tossing Her Into a Creek

Posted by   + Show Post

Dad Charged With Strapping Daughter in Car Seat & Fatally Tossing Her Into a Creek

Posted by Ericka Sóuter on June 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM

creekA father is accused of tossing his 2-year-old daughter into a creek while still strapped in her car seat.

Prosecutors say back in November Arthur Morgan-Glover asked the girl's mother if he could take her to a movie. When he didn't return a few hours later, she called police, who found little Tierra's body in a park creek

According to police reports, the toddler was still alive and snug in her car seat when he threw her from a New Jersey overpass into the freezing water. To make sure it sank, he weighed the seat down with a car jack.

Morgan is charged with murder in addition to interference with custody and child endangerment. If convicted, he could get life in prison without the possibility of parole -- the harshest penalty in New Jersey. 

But I have to ask, is that really harsh enough for a crime so heinous and so cruel. It is horrifying to think of this toddler's final, terror filled moments. As often as crimes against children fill the news, I will never get used to stories like these. It is a heartbreaking shame.

What do you think of this case?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (41-44):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I wish to be on that jury. Poor baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffluv81
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM

fry his assssss

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM

How could someone be so evil. Makes my stomach turn...

GaleJ
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:44 AM

This is a terrible tragedy but I do not believe that someone that does such a thing is mentally stable and should be treated rather than punished. This does not mean he should not be confined but it should be where can receive appropriate and intense therapy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)