Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Dad Charged With Strapping Daughter in Car Seat & Fatally Tossing Her Into a Creek

Posted by   + Show Post

Dad Charged With Strapping Daughter in Car Seat & Fatally Tossing Her Into a Creek

Posted by Ericka Sóuter on June 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM

creekA father is accused of tossing his 2-year-old daughter into a creek while still strapped in her car seat.

Prosecutors say back in November Arthur Morgan-Glover asked the girl's mother if he could take her to a movie. When he didn't return a few hours later, she called police, who found little Tierra's body in a park creek

According to police reports, the toddler was still alive and snug in her car seat when he threw her from a New Jersey overpass into the freezing water. To make sure it sank, he weighed the seat down with a car jack.

Morgan is charged with murder in addition to interference with custody and child endangerment. If convicted, he could get life in prison without the possibility of parole -- the harshest penalty in New Jersey. 

But I have to ask, is that really harsh enough for a crime so heinous and so cruel. It is horrifying to think of this toddler's final, terror filled moments. As often as crimes against children fill the news, I will never get used to stories like these. It is a heartbreaking shame.

What do you think of this case?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM
A parent can be deemed not mentally stable in a psyc eval

Quoting DixieFlower:

The thing is though this child was 2 yrs old so it's possible that a psych evaluation at birth wouldn't have prevented it. I don't think though a parent should be automatically stripped of their rights. I think that parenting and consnseling etc.. should be tried first "if" anything like this was implemented. Not to mention what exactly in a psych evaluation make a parent "unfit".

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Everyone needs to undergo psyc evals before bringing baby home and after and if they are found unfit the should be automatically stripped of their rights

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortiesmom24
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

This is so sad! I hate hearing stories like this.. How can any parent or person take the life of a small child...  I think he should get lethal injection something hy should he live for the rest of his life and get fed and supported... She didn't get a chance and is not able to live her life.. I don't understand what he was thinking to be honest but this is truely sad!

Quoting Cafe Beth:

Posted by Ericka Sóuter on June 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM

creekA father is accused of tossing his 2-year-old daughter into a creek while still strapped in her car seat.

Prosecutors say back in November Arthur Morgan-Glover asked the girl's mother if he could take her to a movie. When he didn't return a few hours later, she called police, who found little Tierra's body in a park creek

According to police reports, the toddler was still alive and snug in her car seat when he threw her from a New Jersey overpass into the freezing water. To make sure it sank, he weighed the seat down with a car jack.

Morgan is charged with murder in addition to interference with custody and child endangerment. If convicted, he could get life in prison without the possibility of parole -- the harshest penalty in New Jersey. 

But I have to ask, is that really harsh enough for a crime so heinous and so cruel. It is horrifying to think of this toddler's final, terror filled moments. As often as crimes against children fill the news, I will never get used to stories like these. It is a heartbreaking shame.

What do you think of this case?

CafeMom Tickers
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM
That would be the easy way out for him though. :/

Quoting jassysmama:

Strap him up and throw him in a creek
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Yes, but what standard are they going to go by? If mom is Bi Polar are we going to automatically take her baby away? Where is the line drawn? Who sets the standard or who can/can't take care of a child? I work with adults that have developmental and intellectual disabilities. Several have dual diagnosis with mental illness. One of the ladies I know works in a daycare and is wonderful with children. A lot of society says that she shouldn't have such a job because of her DX's.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

A parent can be deemed not mentally stable in a psyc eval

Quoting DixieFlower:

The thing is though this child was 2 yrs old so it's possible that a psych evaluation at birth wouldn't have prevented it. I don't think though a parent should be automatically stripped of their rights. I think that parenting and consnseling etc.. should be tried first "if" anything like this was implemented. Not to mention what exactly in a psych evaluation make a parent "unfit".

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Everyone needs to undergo psyc evals before bringing baby home and after and if they are found unfit the should be automatically stripped of their rights

1Angeland3Girls
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM
He needs to be weighed down and thrown in a river, stupid bastard!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelfromcali21
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I never understand why this happens. I really think we truly need the family advocates more in our court system, who does not just check the houses out for a safe place to live but the attitude of the parents to make sure they are suitable for child rearing!!!

tsk tsk

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM

so very sad....no words.....

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM

he'll be killed...as it should be

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Terrible

sissyboogs
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I think that man should be strapped into a seat and dunked into freezing water until he technically dies...then, resuscitated...then, thrown in again...over and over until he can't be resuscitated anymore. 

I know, that sounds terrible. But, I think people who abuse, torture, and kill children should have to suffer that same fate over and over again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN