Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

9< wks and feeling like death pls help

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 11 Replies
I don't know if I just need a kick in the pants or there is really something wrong with me but for 3 weeks now I have been in hell. I am truly excited about being a mom(for the first time), but this non stop daily feeling of being on the verge of puking all my waking hours & the actually painful act of puking is making wish I wasn't pregnant. I WANT to enjoy it and be that radiant pregnant woman. I have two great friends who both have 2 kids and are nurses. One an OB RN, who laughs when I ask if there's something wrong with me. She said when I suggested hypermedia gravidium[sp] I was just dehydrated. I can't even keep water down. Please guide me! My mother insists she never had morning sickness. Is there something I'm not doing?
I've done crackers, ginger, & even zofran
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

phengren works better than Zofran.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Chew on ginger, don't just drink ginger ale.  You can get dried ginger or ginger root at the store.  That was the ONLY thing that helped me when I was pregnant with my DS.  It sucks, I know!  But, hopefully it'll pass once you're into your 2nd trimester.  Talk to your OB about it, they can possibly give you something stronger.  Try sipping the water, don't take regular drinks.  You amy also want to try sipping Pedialyte (yes, really).  I was told by my OB that it's safe while pregnant and it'll help replace a lot of what you're losing while throwing up.  Don't drink soda, the sugar won't help at all and soda (no matter if it's diet or regular) is a diuretic.  

You aren't doing anything wrong though, this is perfectly normal.  I had ZERO morning sickness or nausea when I was pregnant with my girls, but got pregnant with my DS and yuck!  Good luck, hope you start feeling better soon!

OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM
For some.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

phengren works better than Zofran.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I urge you to talk to your ob!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I also hope you get to feeling better soon!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Did you try B-12? Ginger tea? It's possible for it to get better, hang in there.

DixieFlower
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I second the ginger tea. I also used to get some candied ginger pieces to suck on.

Quoting Maevelyn:

Did you try B-12? Ginger tea? It's possible for it to get better, hang in there.

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I'm so sorry.  I understand how you feel.  I wish I had some great advice but I never found a solution.  Pregnancy is torture :(.  But it passes and you'll have a sweet adorable baby to show for it.  Hang in there and don't hesitate to get a second opinion if you aren't happy with your providers answers.  I had an OB laugh at me once and I switched right away..not putting up with that kind of disrespect.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I was so sick on the beginning and end of my pregnancy. All the dr would do is give me zofran and iv fluids.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:01 AM

check with your drs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN