Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Attitude problem!!!

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have a 9 year old daughter that has a major attitude problem. And when I say major, I actually mean MAJOR!!!!!  Hands flying, head shaking and eyes rolling.  Always talking back. Telling me what and when she's going to do something.  I am always correcting her. But please please tell me how to get this to stop. I've punished, I've fussed, I've spanked, I've done almost everything short of running away. And God, she's only 9.  She does have ADHD combined and anxiety. But that doesn't give her the right to be direspective right????

Please advise!!!!

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrsnoble2004
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Thank you for not using her condition as an excuse, I see that a lot where I live. All I can say is be consistent, and when she tries to tell you she's going to do something (assuming this means going somewhere or doing something fun) you need to put your foot down and say no until she learns to ask your permission. It's not going to get any better with the teen years if you are already letting her walk all over you.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Sounds like my 9 y/o.  I think it's just the age.  They aren't little kids anymore but they aren't teenagers and grown yet.  It's a hard age.  She's testing the boundaries.  My DD slams her door so much I've actually taken it off the hinges before!  She was not impressed!  lol  However, while it's probably partly her age, you do need to nip it in the bud.  Start taking stuff away.  And I don't mean physical items, take away privileges.  My DD got so bad once that I took away her beloved basketball practices.  I've threatened to take away dance (which is her LIFE).  She gets better for awhile after that.  Just make sure she knows she's the child and you're the mom, I can't count the number of times I've said that to my DD.  GL!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

My dd is 9. I'm living the same hell so you are not alone!

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Sounds like a normal preteen to me.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Not looking forward to these years. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN