Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

just wondering the rule....

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 26 Replies

my fiance and i are ttc. i still have a bunch of baby boy stuff. i am quite ossibly pregnant not, but wont know for a week or so i i am or not. if this baby is a girl, i will need some different stuff. is it bad form to have a babyshower for the second baby?

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Here it's considered really tacky, but I believe the general consensus is that it's perfectly fine.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No. A lot of people have baby showers for every baby now days. I am going to have one for this one, but I am putting down that gifts are not required. 
Every life is worth celebrating, and whether you have a shower or not, people will most likely get things for you here and there anyways.  

chelsielove2
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I always thought that you shouldn't have another if your little one's are close in age. Like mine are 17 months apart so I didn't want one the second time but my friends didn't agree and threw me a surprise shower. However given that I had one of each sex I would say it was cool to have a boy shower and a girl shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:36 PM

ds is three and will be 4 when this (hopefully) baby is born. i still have 2 boxes of nb-9m clothed for a boy, but if i have a girl we are going to need a bunch of stuff. and especially a new crib, as his was recalled since its a drsop side. i took it apart when we got his toddler  bed and dont even know where the bolts and stuff are. lol. it has been stacked in pieces in the garage for a year and a half. lol

MrsJHoward
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM
I'm having a coming home party for my third baby instead of a baby shower. Mostly because it's another boy and my DS1 is only 17 mo so I still have everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I don't see a problem with having one for the second child. Do what makes you happy.

CrazyLife1996
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Go ahead and have one. Even when you already have one you still need more stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauriebash
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I am an older mom, so my opinion will likely be different. I would never dream of having a 2nd shower, no matter how long it is after the 1st child. It seems greedy and I'm sure anyone getting an invitation would feel the same. If someone would like to give a gift for the baby, they could still come to visit and give one, but a shower that people feel inclined to bring gifts is tacky. Having a shower IS asking for gifts, even if you say they aren't necessary. You would feel like a complete ass showing up without one.

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I think if its a diff gender or been a longer time period between babies its perfectly fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I think each baby should be celebrated. But you can do it in plenty of ways that aren't a shower. A welcome home party, bbq, diaper shower, sprinkle, etc. But, a full blown shower I think is tacky/greedy. It is not other peoples responsibility to make sure you have the "stuff" you need for your child. So I guess its just that line of thinking that bothers me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN