Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Advice

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok...so i am currently a SAHM of 5 kids, ages 1-5. (The 5 yr old stays wit my mom now so i only have the other 4). In 2 weeks i'll be starting work and this will be the first time that any ofmy kids will have to go to daycare. And I think I'm more afraid for them to go than they will be. My kids are so attached to me and dont really take to other people that well. So my question is how do i go about tryin to break the attachment before daycare?? I want them to be comfortable when i leave them, but i dnt want all the emotional breakdowns. and considerin ive never been away from them for more than 2 days at a time, im kinda sad that i wont be able to be wit them all day.

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Sorry you guys are going to go through such a big transition.  I wouldn't break the attachment though.  If anything, they need the attachment now more than ever.  Will they be together in daycare?  Will they know the providers or is it a center?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Hope things work out...

erikadi
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I would start so if your work allows. If you can take breaks and the daycare is close you can come visit.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM
What sort of daycare are they going to? Is it in home, a center or a relative? I would see about takin them in and letting them explore while you are there. Letting them get familiar will help ease them into the routine but any way yousice it, there will be a few hiccups. Just show them youre confident and stick with it. Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I have no idea! I just try to leave my dd with people for a few hours at a time and that seems to work.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Hopefully you'll find a daycare that is fun and keeps the kids busy. Time will fly by for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN