Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Major vent :-/

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM
  • 10 Replies
my hubby bought a new Harley on Saturday costing around 17,000$. he told me in return I can get a puppy for my daughter & I that I'd like. So Im looking at little purse puppy's are daughters a month old so I want something little a like a pug or Pomeranian well I found a few I'd like then out of freaken no whare he's like I don't think it's a good idea? WTF REALLY. You can spend that on a new bike but I can't have 100-150 for all supply and a re homing fee ?:( I'm upset becuse he does this a lot gets me excited about something then when I'm close to getting it hes like NO or it's not a good idea ? I don't know what to do make him stick to what he said? Or not get one to make him happy. Please help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadrama15
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Well that's a toughie. I wouldn't just get the puppy because there is always a chance that he just gets rid of it. But I'd have a serious talk about him doing that is not only annoying but unfair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Did you mind him spending 17000 on a bike? Idk what to say because I wouldn't let someone do that to me. Just because he's a man doesn't mean he's the boss of the household. It's not 1910.

OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM
What are his reasons for it not sing a good idea? Are tey logical? A puppy for a brand new baby doesn't make much sense. I would wait until they are old enough to pick the puppy out themselves or at least help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abmaddox1981
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Also "purse puppies" are usually not good with kids, especially small ones. If I were you, I would go through your local animal shelter and get a mix breed that has been around little ones before or go through a rescue for a larger breed that is recomended for small ones.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

What are his reasons for it not sing a good idea? Are tey logical? A puppy for a brand new baby doesn't make much sense. I would wait until they are old enough to pick the puppy out themselves or at least help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I would try to talk it out with him.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Talk to him about it!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM
talk to him.that is alot for a bike that he wanted n i would bring it up too.that is not far to you or the baby.
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
As someone who has had a Pom since she was 8 wks, she is now 3, I beg you...don't get a small dog. When my DS started getting mobile (he's 1), he damn near killed our Pom while just playing with her (she's about 6 lbs). She retaliated by protecting herself. It didn't get too bad cuz I was right there, but small dogs often have a "big dog" complex, meaning they think they are bigger than they are and are just generally more vicious than a larger dog. Go with something bigger, I swear, you won't be sorry. :)

As for him not letting you spend money on a dog, I'd just do it. Screw him. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I do have to ask.  Was the Harley a Mutual desicion between you both?  You both are married so there for those kinds of things need to be agreed on together.  

I hope that things work out for you.  As for the small dogs certain breeds are very territorial and NOT for kids.  Do your research.  I know that almost EVERYONE wants a small dog.  Go to the shelter, there are a ton of dogs out there that really need a forever home.  Black ones especially.  :)  

Missy13d69
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Oh, I would not stand still for that kind of treatment. He basically lies to you, to placate you, to get what he wants. He's telling you,"What you want, isn't as important as what I want.", but he's just not coming right out and saying it. You can't make him stick to what he said, but you can let him know that you're on to his game. Sit him down and tell him how it makes you feel when he does this to you. Tell him that you're not going to take being treated as a second class citizen any longer. Then, the next time he makes one of these deals, get your end before he gets his, if he refuses, explain to him how you don't think it's a good idea to go through with his end of the deal.

BTW...If my husband did this, I would sell the bike. If we  made a deal, he broke the deal, he doesn't get to have his end if I don't get mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN