Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anxiety

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ever since my daughter was hospitalized i have really bad Anxiety. It seems like someone is always over my sholder watching my every move. I can not stand it- I hate feeling like this, I got post partum depression from it. I can not sleep at night so the doctors put me on an anti depressant and sleeping meds. I have to go to the doctors every other week to check her weight and i am afraid to go because she had failure to thrive. When i am gone i call every hour to check on her. I was the reason she was hospitalized, and i still feel like a failure. People are telling me that i was not to blame but the doctors made it seem like it was my fault. I still feel like it was my fault and could do more so she was not hospitalized, but she was. All i want to do is cry, im a terrible mother

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM

You have to take care of yourself 1st so you can take care of your daughter. If you have been on the anti depressants for a while and you obviously still feel like this, you need to address your doctor about changing your medications. And don't be afraid to ask for help when it comes to your dd. Your dh/so or your mom maybe..? Good luck!

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama, please be gentle on yourself.  There is no way you intentionally caused your daughter to have failure to thrive.  It is not your fault. You are not a failure.  Sometimes children have health problems that they have to deal with and that's very hard for us moms.  We love our children and don't want them to suffer.  Have you thought about seeing a therapist?  How about your faith?  I find that God can carry me through difficult times if I really truly seek him.  We all need support!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Your not a terrible mother. Stress can really take a toll. Take care of yourself!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM

If you were a terrible mother you wouldn't be worrying about her! You are a good mom. There are things that happen that are out of our control, such as failure to thrive. Hopefully she is gaining now and doing well.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Hugs....

helpfulmama
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Aww I know how you feel. I went through that with my daughter until she was about two years old. Please get treated for the PPD if you already haven't. I suffered through it for almost three years before being treated. I wish now that I would have gotten treated sooner. Also, consider seeing a therapist to work through your feelings of guilt. I wish you and your daughter all the best luck. If you ever need someone to talk to or just a friend, please feel free to PM me.

CafeMom Tickers
kerriwarenda
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM

its been almost a month since i started taking them.....we have 3 children so its kinda hard when he wont touch the 4 month old

Quoting goddess99:

You have to take care of yourself 1st so you can take care of your daughter. If you have been on the anti depressants for a while and you obviously still feel like this, you need to address your doctor about changing your medications. And don't be afraid to ask for help when it comes to your dd. Your dh/so or your mom maybe..? Good luck!

OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aakeiser
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I know how you feel. My son has autism, and I have people doing that all the time. Its like they are waiting for me to mess up. I get mad, but then I take a step back and I see how much my son has improved. I must be doing something right.. look I don't know the whole story, but the first thing you need to do is stop blaming yourself. We all make mistakes. Kids don't come with instrictions..I wish they did, because life with my son would so much easier.. I went through the blame game, and tried to figure out what I missed with my son. My son's therapist gave me the best advice..you can't go around blaming yourself, and you have to move on for your child.. parents with kids that have health issues go through same thing..As for calling every hour, its hard to let go, but you will drive yourself, and everyone nuts..Maybe you need to talk to your droctor, and they can help you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN