Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

PIOG need help

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

or more so, need advice, my 3.5 year old has been 100% potty trained for a lil over a year... when should he start wiping his own butt. I do it for him now and at daycare they do it for him, but i was thinking.... when should I teach him how to do it himself? how do I help him do it himself and KNOW he is CLEAN?   and ughh I don't want to deal with clogged toilets lol

how do you teach a 3.5 year old to wipe their own butt??? lol

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thegardener0311
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM

So my daughter is only 15 months but you'll have to monitor it and do a check at first or there is chance of thrush and other bacterial infections. My friend's son didn't do it himself until about 5.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I was thinking like 4 or 5... I have no problem cleaning his butt for him, and neither does my husband, but we were just wondering how old is too old for him to be asking us to clean his butt.... thank you for your reply. :]

Quoting thegardener0311:

So my daughter is only 15 months but you'll have to monitor it and do a check at first or there is chance of thrush and other bacterial infections. My friend's son didn't do it himself until about 5.

mamadrama15
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM
My son is five and while he does it, he still has trouble cleaning himself completely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I would say you could start teaching him now and see how it goes!

erikadi
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I think a good goal is to make sure he can do before he starts kindergarten.

CampClan
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I would say keep showing him the right way at this age. He will get it eventually. And flushable wipes are a GOD SEND! lol

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I always had my son do it himself. I spot checked after of course. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM

I still help my dd out with #2 just to make sure she is clean....she is starting school soon so I'll be working with her for wiping after #2...she's 5.

Lynzee.Limon
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

thank all of you ladies. I think I will try to show him... his preschool is willing to help him wipe. they do right now and said they have no problem "working with him and making sure he is getting clean" so hopefully he will get it. I know he will eventually. :]

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN