Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: 911 Calls

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 69 Replies

Welcome to the Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

You deserve a few minutes to yourself so we are going to
pour a virtual drink of your choice and serve up tasty treats for you.
Be sure to let us know what you would like!!

While you are waiting we wanted to tell you,
we read that a celebrity called 911 last week
under a secret identity. Turns out it was Justin Beiber being
followed by some very aggressive paparazzi down an LA freeway.

1. What do you think about how paparazzi treat celebrities?

2. How do you feel about "the Biebs" being chased?

3. Have YOU ever had to call 911?

And be sure to check these posts out!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM

1. I think it is ridiculous the way the 'stalkerazzi' treats celebrites. Seriously, they put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us mere mortals...lol

2. If the Biebs felt that he was in danger, then he did the right thing by calling 911.

3. I have had to call 911 a couple times. Once when I witnessed a hit and run accident. The second time I had to call was when my son required emergency medical care.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM

This morning, I'll have an Iced Mocha with whip and a cream cheese danish please.

Cafe Beth
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Here you go!

Quoting Reina13:

This morning, I'll have an Iced Mocha with whip and a cream cheese danish please.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I'm not surprised. This has been going on for years.

I have called 911. One time I was driving on a highway that goes through town and on a side street I saw a man parked in the middle of the road having a heart attack or stroke or something. Anyway, I called 911 and pulled off to get behind him so I could give the intersection address and by the time I got to where he was he had pulled out into traffic and took off. So I just had to hang up, I wasn't about to go in hot pursuit.

Cafe Beth
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Quoting Reina13:

1. I think it is ridiculous the way the 'stalkerazzi' treats celebrites. Seriously, they put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us mere mortals...lol Are you sure? LOL!

2. If the Biebs felt that he was in danger, then he did the right thing by calling 911.

3. I have had to call 911 a couple times. Once when I witnessed a hit and run accident. The second time I had to call was when my son required emergency medical care.

I assume your son is ok?! And how awful to have to see a  hit and run. I'm glad you were able to help out.

Cafe Beth
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting goddess99:

I'm not surprised. This has been going on for years. I agree. Things are so much more public now then before.

I have called 911. One time I was driving on a highway that goes through town and on a side street I saw a man parked in the middle of the road having a heart attack or stroke or something. Anyway, I called 911 and pulled off to get behind him so I could give the intersection address and by the time I got to where he was he had pulled out into traffic and took off. So I just had to hang up, I wasn't about to go in hot pursuit.

I can't imagine what that would be like. Seeing someone suffering like that. I'm glad you tried. Some people wouldn't have done that.

helpfulmama
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the paparazzi needs to back off the celebrities. It's one thing to take pictures, but to put their lives in danger as well as everyone around them for a few dollars is really not right. I feel bad for all celebrities that are chased and harrased like that, not just Bieber.  I have had to call 911 once when my daughter had a seizure and then once when my nephew busted his head open on a shelf.

Lyzmom
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I don't know how they would enforce it, but there really should be restrictions on paparazzi behavior. They don't respect celebrities. All they see is $$, and they'll do whatever it takes to get it. Isn't that why the car Princess Di was killed in was speeding? Because paparazzi were chasing them?
I feel bad for Beibs, just like any other celeb, but I have to wonder what's worse: being chased by paparazzi, or a thousand screaming tweens. lol
I have called 911, in an abusive relationship. Thank God I got away from that.
The best though was when my daughter was about six months and playing with the phone. I thought "no harm" until, of all number combinations, she dialed 911. Fortunately, they were very understanding when they called back, and she only played with a toy phone after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freshmom88
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Good Morning!

I will take a Chai Tea. MMmmm!

I think Paparazzi are a little too into celebs faces. Yes they know being a celeb comes w/that territory but I think sometimes the Paps push it. I think the media is the real issue. Like why does everyone need to know where JB is driving to? Who cares! I think everyone is just WAY into celebrities lives.

I think it was wrong for JB to be chased by Paps. There is really no reason for that. I don't think Paps should be aloud to follow them or be w/in 50ft of them if they have their children. I see so many celebs tweet about paparazzi being in their face when they are w/their little ones.

I only called 911 once when I was about 10. My sister fell down the stairs. They asked me if she was "consious" and I had no idea what that meant lol

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Chocolate Shake please

I have had to call 911 a couple of times.
I think it must be challenging on celebrities sometimes with all the chasing, etc. 

floating in pool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)