Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: 911 Calls

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

You deserve a few minutes to yourself so we are going to
pour a virtual drink of your choice and serve up tasty treats for you.
Be sure to let us know what you would like!!

While you are waiting we wanted to tell you,
we read that a celebrity called 911 last week
under a secret identity. Turns out it was Justin Beiber being
followed by some very aggressive paparazzi down an LA freeway.

1. What do you think about how paparazzi treat celebrities?

2. How do you feel about "the Biebs" being chased?

3. Have YOU ever had to call 911?

And be sure to check these posts out!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
matheson7
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I was loading my kids in the car and some guy smacked his girlfriend, I didn't know the local police's number so I called 911.

Nikkij-j
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM

1.  I think the paparazzi are horrible and uncaring.  Celebs are normal people with normal problems.  I think the paparazzi should have their most horrible pics and life stories displayed for every celeb story/photo they sell. 

2.  I think it's crazy that people actually get chased.  Yea, lets endanger everyone on the road just to get a good picture...   really?

3.  I have called 911 a few times.  Never for paparazzi though!  lol 

LadyLotus3
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:08 AM

1. I think they realize what they are in for as celebrities and shouldnt whine about it. However, there is a point where the paparazzi need to be accountable and thats when, from what I gathered with the "Beibs" situation, they become an danger to everyone around them. Then the police need to step in and do something cuz its not just about their right to freedom of speech and all that anymore.

2. I think they outta be used to being chased but as I said in my first answer....there is a line.

3. Yes, once. I was living on my own and there was some maniac driver going through my apt complex and went out behind my building into the field and was doing circles and just being really irratic then he started ramming the locked back fence to get off the property. I called the cops then because he was just being too irratic and ramming that fence was property destruction, plus I wasnt sure if he'd hurt anyone before all this that I saw. I told the 911 people what was going on and what I knew and had heard before I saw this car and as I spoke to them the guy busted the fence down and drove off. The police showed up more than an hour later...did a u-turn in the field, seeing the destruction, and drove away...that was it.
I let the office know what was going on too that night, left a message, and then called the next morning to make sure they knew what had happened to that fence.

lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM

1) I think the paparazzi go a bit far. I think while celebrities are in moving vehicles they should be off limits (Princess Di anyone?) It is just too dangerous, IMO. Some paparazzi will go through whatever means necessary to get that photo, putting themselves, the celebrity, and others in danger. *Btw, thank you, now Paparazzi by Lady Gaga is stuck in my head ::sings:: I'm your biggest fan I'll follow you until you love me!

2) I understand that being a celebrity there will be paparazzi but like I said in 1, I think they take it too far.

3) I did have to call 911 before. When I was 16 we were staying at a hotel. My mom was in our room, I went down to the pool to swim. I guess a woman suspected her hubby of cheating, brought their 3 year old daughter to the hotel where the man was with the other woman & confronted him. They got into a fight at the pool, he pushed her in & started trying to drown her all while thier 3 year old daughter was watching. So I brought her over with me, called 911, and sang songs with her to keep her mind/eyes away from what was going on with her parents until the cops came & took her. 

Lizzys_mommy13
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM

1. The paparazzi need to back off a bit. The celebs may be great topics, but they do have lives that they should be allowed to live without a camera. 
2. I'm not a fan of the guy, but he is just like every other person. He doesn't need chased down a street for a photo or an interview. Leave the kid alone!
3. I've called 911 a few times. Buildings on fire, car accidents and numerous other reasons.

I'm in the mood for a cream cheese danish and an iced caramel macchiato please! : )  

LilynAustin
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I'll have a vanilla iced cappuccino and a Boston creme donut.  Mmmm, yummy!!

1.  For one, if we weren't such a celebrity obsessed culture we probably wouldn't have a paparazzi.  However, we live for gossip, so our need just feeds the paparazzi.  That being said, I think just because someone is in a certain profession doesn't mean that the paparazzi has the right to stalk their kids.  THAT bothers me.  I think there should be boundaries.  I think that the paparazzi needs to learn to back off, and a celebrity has the right to tell them to do so (within the limits of the law).

2.  I think chasing a celebrity in a vehicle is despicable.  Have we learned nothing since the death of Princess Diana?  Some take it way too far, and end up putting others lives at risk.

3.  Yes, I have had to call several times.  Son ate a Christmas tree light, daughter fell off the table (had to take an ambulance), called about a domestic disturbance, and my youngest fell and hit her head and she had to be airlifted to the Children's Hospital :(  Scariest day of my life...but she was just fine.  I guess more than some!  :)

Austin 2/28/07, Lily 2/21/08, Aubrey 4/30/10
jessi2girls
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

1-yes they can be extreme at times.BUT the fact that people read into it, is why these paparazzi get away with it most of the time.... which is why, most of the time, I don't pay attention to celebrity gossip.. doing so, makes us, just as guilty as the paparazzi.

2-see above response.

3-yes I've had to call 911 before.. twice for a neighbor.. (once for a chimney fire, once for a shed fire on their property)... once for having my apartment broken into... and three times on my ex. (for a few different reasons), twice for traffic accidents I was involved in.. (neither were my fault, one was a motorcyclist who turned infront of me, who thankfully got up without any scratches or bruises, and was a very nice man about it, admitted fault, etc.. another time was a drunk driver that blew a stop sign, and left the scene after totaling my car, thank gosh for a witness that literally chased him down to get his plate numbers).

a french vanilla cappuccino with a boston cream donut please.. mmmm

megangary
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I don't blame bieber for calling.  I think he should press charges for stalking or harassment. I have had to call 911, but it was because I was sick, pregnant and couldn't see or leave my bathroom. Scary stuff. 

EmmaGlenn20
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Yes. A few days after my daughter was born, I was in extreme, and I mean extreme, debilitating pain to the point where I seriously though I was going to die right then and there. We had to call 911 to get an ambulance to come and take me to the hospital because I could not even move. Turns out I had retained placenta and had to immediately go in for surgery. I had no idea that RP could cause so much pain! It was worse than giving birth.

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

yes i have and the cops never showed!! My cousin was ramming my friends car in my driveway then he stuck a knife to my throat tripping an acid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)