Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone else??

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

has anyone else have a preemie? my first baby was 7 weeks early, he weighed 2 lbs 13.5 oz and 15 inches long..he was breathing on his own he was just little..he stayed in the hospital for a monththis is little tristan..he is now 4

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM

No preemie here, but your little man is adorable.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM

My sister had a preemie. She weighed just a little over 2 lbs and was in a incubator for 45 days and she is 19 now and very healthy, skinny but healthy.

HisBrwnEyedBaby
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Awww he is adorable! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Nope, no preemies.  My kids want to stay in there as long as possible!  lol

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Not me either but you have a cutie there :)!

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Nope, no preemies.  My kids want to stay in there as long as possible!  lol

^Mine like to stay in there as long as possible too, ha ha.

mamadrama15
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I didn't have one but my sister did. My niece is huge now! 

JuliFox
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM
My youngest was 7 weeks early. He was over 6 pounds so when he was having trouble breathing they thought he just had a little gunk still in his system and gave us a bulb to suction him. Then the pediatrician took him, did some tests, and determined that his lungs weren't developed yet and that put him at 33 weeks and not full term as they had guessed by his weight. I had preterm labor with all three of my kids and tried to tell them he wasn't ready yet when I had my last ultrasound - my first was 5 weeks early and weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and my middle tried to come at 32 weeks, we held her off for 4 more and she was 7 lbs 14 oz. Infants tend to run big on both sides of our family. Youngest will be 21 this fall and has had issues his whole life related to the oxygen deprivation he suffered because they thought he was full term when he wasn't. By the tome they figured it out he had a 30-40% chance of survival; it was touch and go for a few weeks of NICU but he pulled thru.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacielynn2
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM
what a cutie my youngest was 6 weeks early was 6lbs 11oz. Hes on the skinny side still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM
My now almost 8 yr old ds was 8 weeks early.Emergency c section cuz my B/P was so high.He was 3lbs 11oz.When he came out he had to be put on a ventilator for 8 hours and had to be in the NICU for 4 weeks but other then that he was/is perfect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN