Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Saw this on the news this morning...what a POS.

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

This is like an hour from me.  I just wanna drive up there and slug this guy, in the face, with a sledgehammer.  Good grief.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Police-Man-runs-down-woman-child-with-SUV-child-dies/-/1648/15468516/-/up9irj/-/index.html

FITCHBURG, Wis. -

Fitchburg police said a man was arrested after deliberately striking a 20-year-old Fitchburg woman and their 2-year-old boy with a sport utility vehicle, killing the child and injuring the woman. 

Police said Jesus A. Castillo-Dimas, 30, has been booked into the Dane County Jail on tentative charges of first-degree intentional homicide and attempted first-degree homicide in connection with this incident.

Police said the domestic-related incident between Castillo-Dimas, 30, and the 20-year-old Fitchburg woman unfolded Monday afternoon in the 2100 block of Red Arrow Trail in the Allied Drive neighborhood.

Fitchburg police said they believe the woman was in a long-term relationship with Castillo-Dimas that recently ended. Police said Castillo-Dimas was the father who the child who died.

Lt. Chad Brecklin said that police went to the corner of Thurston Lane and Red Arrow Trail after receiving a disconnected 911 call shortly after 1 p.m. Monday.

As police were on the way, more callers reported a child was injured in a parking lot near the Belmar Apartments.

When emergency crews arrived, they found three adults with injuries and a child dead in a driveway area as part of what police described as a "domestic incident."

Police said the woman was returning home with her child in a vehicle driven by a 30-year-old Fitchburg man when the woman saw Castillo-Dimas following the vehicle she was in as she neared her residence.

The woman requested the driver of the vehicle she was in to pull into the parking lot to the north of 2111 Red Arrow Trail.

Police said Castillo-Dimas followed the vehicle into the parking lot and stopped next to it. He confronted the woman while all parties remained in their respective vehicles, police said.

After confronting the woman, Castillo-Dimas backed his vehicle toward Red Arrow Trail, police said.

Believing Castillo-Dimas was leaving the area, the woman exited the vehicle with the 2-year-old child, and both of them began walking away from the vehicle they were in.

At this time, Castillo-Dimas deliberately drove his vehicle toward the woman and child and struck them, injuring the woman and killing the child, according to a Fitchburg Police Department news release.

The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office identified the child who died as Yandel Castillo Castillo.

Officials said preliminary results from a forensic autopsy indicate that the child's death was the result of major blunt force trauma caused by a motor vehicle.

Police said Castillo-Dimas exited his vehicle after striking the woman and child and attacked the woman.

Police said the 30-year-old Fitchburg man exited the vehicle he was driving and intervened in the attack and controlled Castillo-Dimas until officers arrived.

The woman and Fitchburg man suffered non-life-threatening stab wounds during the attack and were transported to an area hospital for treatment of their injuries, police said.

Police said Castillo-Dimas refused medical treatment and was taken into custody at the scene.  

Shannon Barry, executive director of Domestic Abuse Intervention Services, said it's important to highlight the help available after an incident like this. Barry said when a high-profile domestic abuse case like this happens, DAIS actually notices a decrease in the number of people reaching out for their services.

"What we've heard anecdotally from the people that we serve is that other batterers will use the high-profile nature of these cases to intimidate their victims, saying things like, 'Look, this could happen to you,'" Barry said.

Barry said DAIS has the only 24-7 crisis line in the county. For abuse cases, the number is 608-251-4445. It's a confidential service, and staff members will work with victims to get them the assistance they need to get out of a dangerous situation or find a safe place to go.

For more information about DAIS, go to http://abuseintervention.org

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Oh My God! What a A$$hole! 

Rebekah8787
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
That's terrible. Last week a 17 yr old boy had a 2 yr old boy on a dirt bike w him both had no helmets on the 17 yr old hit an into the side of an suv killing the little boy. First why didnt they have helmets, where was the parents or did the parents even care, sure the 17 yr old probily did it 100 times before and the 17 yr old should of never had him on the bike he's going to have to live w that the rest if his life. I don't understand people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Sad.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Very Sad.

tracirose6
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Being from a past abusive relationship these stories scare me and make me thank the heavens that I left and ran when I did. It is so sad he was willing to accept killing his child over him not getting the woman he was so hooked on. Pure evil. I hope the men in prison deal with his child murdering ways with the proper greetings. 

pampire
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Let's hope they make an example of him and file as many charges as tehy can get to stick and ask for max sentences.

mamadrama15
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM
How very sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM

What a crazy, sick, you know what!

delanna6two
HAPPY FALL!!!
Today at 2:51 PM
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM

so very sad...

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I just saw an update on this story.  So, the guy goes to court today, they set his bail at a million bucks.  It comes out that he actually taunted the mom after he hit their son...like told her it was her fault and she deserved it and all this crap.  I couldn't believe it when I heard that!  That poor little baby.  And his poor mommy.  Also, apparently the INS is looking into him because they think he's here illegally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)