Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My daughter loving her Father upsets me...& i'm not sure why.

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 7 Replies

My ex is such a lousy Dad... doesn't help me with their expenses, doesn't see them a full weekend, sees no need in taking them for Father's Day.  He just does the bare minimum! And, my 11 DD loves him just the same.  I certainly don't want her having Daddy issues.  I'm thankful she's such a good girl.  But, it just doesn't seem fair! It might seem wack but, it just upsets me that he does squat and gets the joy of having a daughter that adores him. :( Help me with this....

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peeps351
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

well I can understand how you feel but little girls often get close with dads when young but as they get older they realize what is going on and things will change.  And it is good that she loves people for who they are and not what they can do for her which is how most of our younger generation sees things now which is sad.  My girls do not care what you can give them but how much love and time you spend means more than gifts.  At the end of the day we are moms and most of us love our children more than life itself and we go into these things hoping our husbands will feel the same the sad thing is men don't always step up and do the right thing!!  His loss and one day he will wake up and wonder what happened and you can smile and let him know!!  Feel good and keep doing what you do MOMS ROCK!!

sh3marie24
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I understand completely how you feel. I have two children whose father doesn't come around at all yet they long for and love him unconditionally. As much as it bothers me sometimes I know that they are doing what children are made to do...love unconditionally. You have to just ensure that your anger towards him doesnt show in frint of her. In the end she wil love and respect you for what you do everyday for her and just love him for giving her life.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Its normal to feel upset about that. You see the things that your daughter isn't really old enough to understand yet. When she gets older, however, she is going to realise that daddy isn't a white knight after all and that's when things are going to get rough. You are going to have to get over (easier said than done) the thoughts about how much she adores him and just wait for realisation to hit and her world to come crumbling. She is really going to need your support then. Don't try to point things out to her now, because that would be bad on you. Let her figure it out in her own time. 
Good luck mama, and I am sorry you are dealing with this. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I know the feeling. But eventually our dds will see the truth. You are not alone.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Its bc she loves her father and right now at this age she sees no wrong.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I have one that is closer to dad.

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM

there will be a point where she realizes where all the effort is coming from dont worry and keep doing your best, shel praise you later on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)