Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

HELP!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

I AM IN MY 36 WEEK AND I HAVENT PRODUCED ANY BREAST MILK I AM STRESSING

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

How do you know that you aren't producing any breastmilk?  At this stage, your body is likely producing colostrum but it only leaks in some women.  Your milk will take 1-5ish days to come in after the baby is born.

giggless1987
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM

WIT MA OTHER KIDS AT 8 MONTHS PREGNANT I WAS LEAKING EVERY WHERE IT COULD BE THAT I AM ONLY MAKING COLOSTRUM AND I AM JUST STRESSING I DIDNT EVEN THINK OF IT LIKE THAT THNK U 

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM

You shouldnt be producing milk yet anyway...it doesnt come in until a few dayts after baby is born.  I didnt leak with either of mine and had no problems bf.  It could also be that your body has adjusted enough by now that you arent over producing.

enas2012
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM

dont worry u will be fine i asked the doctor and he said is normal

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I did not get mine until after I gave birth!

giggless1987
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM

THNK U GUYSI REALLU APPRICIATED IT

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.  I have only ever been able to really express a little colostrum in late pregnancy.  Remember, in most cases, milk doesn't come in until roughly 3-5 days after baby is born.  I wouldn't fret at all.  :)

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Hugs.......Your milk will come in after the baby is born.
http://www.breastfeeding-problems.com/breastmilk-production.html

During your pregnancy, just half way through, your endocrine control system will start to trigger the making of colostrum , your milk supply will start to come in 30-40 hours after giving birth to baby. Your baby’s stomach is so small at this stage that he only needs a few drops of colostrum with every feed to be satisfied.

Your body doesn’t produce milk before baby is born as your levels of progesterone are too high, but once you deliver the placenta your levels of progesterone will drop. The high level of prolactin now triggers copious milk production “lactogenesis 2”

Moms should start to breastfeed baby as soon as possible as this will start to release prolactin and therefore trigger increased breastmilk production.

Moms only start to feel the increased breast fullness 2 – 3 days after birth.

When your body is signaled to start producing milk, the hormone oxytocin is released and this causes the milk to be pushed out of the breast.

giggless1987
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

i really appreciate all the responses . i just read the last few and it really helped i guess that this breastfeeding thing is like every pregnancy always different sorry i am really impatient and cant wait any longer i have 3 weeks left to go and just wished that i already had ma baby girl in ma arms

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM

be patient and dont stress it will come :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)