Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Jennifer Garner Shows How Doing Dirty Laundry Can Actually Be Fun

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

Jennifer Garner Shows How Doing Dirty Laundry Can Actually Be Fun

Posted by Mary Fischer on July 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Jennifer GarnerIf anyone knows just how unpredictable the day-to-day life of a mom can be, it's celeb mom of three Jennifer Garner -- and that's why she's helping teach parents to learn to appreciate the "messiness" in our lives -- and not be afraid of a few grass & mud stains.

Jennifer teamed up with Frigidaire for an event at Griffith Park in Los Angeles on Wednesday -- and the main goal of the day was to get the kids at the park as dirty as possible. Yes, you heard me right -- she actually encouraged the kids to get plenty of stains on their clothes in order to make doing their laundry an even more daunting task. I had the pleasure of speaking with her via phone about the event, and I couldn't help but be very intrigued by the secret she shared for cutting down on time spent in the laundry room.

She explained how Frigidaire's new Affinity washer & dryer set gets the stains & messes out of clothes in half the time it takes to do a normal load of laundry. Doesn't that sound nice? We all could use a break in the hours we spend doing load after load.

And if you want the chance to score your very own set for free, all you have to do is visit Frigidaire's Facebook page and share your very own "Adventure in Clean" by uploading a picture of your child in all of his or her messiness. The site will turn it into a movie poster, and Frigidaire will donate one dollar to Save the Children for every entry received. You will also be entered to win a brand new Affinity washer & dryer and a trip to L.A. for the premiere of Jennifer's new movie, The Odd Life of Timothy Green.

But for those of us who don't wind up with the winning entry, there are a few things we can do to cut down on the laundry headaches we encounter on a daily basis. Here are a few great tips on how to cut down on laundry stress and make it less of a chore:

1. Set a laundry day each week -- Designating one day per week as "laundry day" really cuts down on how many loads you have to do, because it ensures that the wash gets done every week instead of piling up to the point where you can barely dig out from under it.

2. Treat stains immediately -- As soon as my son spills something on himself or gets a stain on his clothing, I try to get stain remover on the item and put it in the wash as quickly as possible. The longer it sits, the harder it is to get the stain out.

3. Do smaller loads -- Instead of cramming every single piece of dirty clothing into one load, do a bunch of smaller loads instead. This cuts down on your drying time so you aren't running the tumble cycle over and over again.

What other tips do you have to share for making laundry a little easier?

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I do a few loads twice a week. I actually like doing laundry.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I do laundry a few times a week. I always treat stains immediately, some people think I'm nuts but I always get rid of stains ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN