Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What is up with this?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

Why are social net working sites now asking for my phone number?  And my home address?  Thats way weird.  I know face book has been doing it for a while, but now hotmail is asking for it too.  Sorry, you dont need that info, lol.  Does this seem weird to anyone else?

Are you young and married?         Join us in Young Married Mothers; a place to connect with other young moms, get advice or just hang around.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/116197

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I haven't used my hotmail account in a while but it never asked me that info to start an account but then that has been many yrs ago since I opened one up. So they may have changed things in the last 10 yrs.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:22 PM

yes, its recent.  I have had this account with hotmail for about ten years and this request for phone number just showed up a couple of weeks ago.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I haven't used my hotmail account in a while but it never asked me that info to start an account but then that has been many yrs ago since I opened one up. So they may have changed things in the last 10 yrs.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM

hmmmm... I will have to log in and see if it does it to me.

Quoting shadow_lark:

yes, its recent.  I have had this account with hotmail for about ten years and this request for phone number just showed up a couple of weeks ago.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

It is weird and I've noticed it too. I don't give it. I just continue on to where I want to go.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

It's most likely because sites like Hotmail can really be anyone saying they are anyone.  I think they do it to attempt to verify identities further.  But I still don't give it out.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM

hmmm...have not really run into this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN