Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

When You Were Pregnant, Did You...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM
  • 29 Replies

Hey ladies.  So I'm pregnant with my first (14w2d) and I've been breaking out during my whole pregnancy but the zits were the poppable kind.  Now I have these (five, to be exact) zits that are just like sore bumps on my face - like the zits that aren't ready to pop yet.  The problem?  No facewash, astringent or cream is taking them away and they itch!  No, they're not bug bites lol.  I even used rubbing alcohol on them to try to dry them out and nothing.  Did any of you ladies have these issues during your pregnancy?  What worked for you?  Will acne subside at all?

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather4511
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM
When that happened to me, they were usually an allergic reaction to something I was using. I have extremely sensitive skin, and "Purpose" facewash by Johnson and Johnson works for me. And it is like $2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Might google p.u.p.p. rash. Basically a pregnancy rash, what helped me was antibacterial soap and benedryl cream.

bleedhairspray
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

they are probaby cysts, caused my hormonal imbalance. cysts normally don't come to a head and go away in time. They hurt like hell sometimes but as long as you keep up with daily cleansing they will eventually go away.

kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Yikes!  I googled that and it's definitely not it.  It's on my face in the normal zit spots and I've had these zits before but when I was younger and still going through the awkward puberty stuff lol.  My belly has been itching and since face skin is thin, too, I thought maybe the itchy was related.  Maybe I'm just drying it out too much.  Thanks!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Might google p.u.p.p. rash. Basically a pregnancy rash, what helped me was antibacterial soap and benedryl cream.

kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Well these have a head but when I try to pop them (they're only on my face) they just aren't ready yet.  I had them before but when I was going through puberty lol.

Quoting bleedhairspray:

they are probaby cysts, caused my hormonal imbalance. cysts normally don't come to a head and go away in time. They hurt like hell sometimes but as long as you keep up with daily cleansing they will eventually go away.

kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I'll check out the Purpose stuff you mentioned; I've been using Clean & Clear for years.  I'm thinking all the stuff (astringent, alcohol, etc) might've just dried me out too much and that's why I'm itchy.

Quoting heather4511:

When that happened to me, they were usually an allergic reaction to something I was using. I have extremely sensitive skin, and "Purpose" facewash by Johnson and Johnson works for me. And it is like $2.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I get those all the time instead of actual pimples. Mine don't have a head though. I just wash my face every other day with a face wash (my skin gets too dry if I wash it every day).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Be glad, p.u.p.p. sucks.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Yikes!  I googled that and it's definitely not it.  It's on my face in the normal zit spots and I've had these zits before but when I was younger and still going through the awkward puberty stuff lol.  My belly has been itching and since face skin is thin, too, I thought maybe the itchy was related.  Maybe I'm just drying it out too much.  Thanks!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Zawifey
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Put toothpaste on them before you go to bed. It works for me.

kellysparkles
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

It looks a lot like tinea dermis but more spotty.  I hope I don't get it!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Be glad, p.u.p.p. sucks.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN