Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mya and Her Moms: Lisa's Coming-Out Story, with a Twist

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
  • 55 Replies
2 moms liked this

Although she's been in a committed relationship with her partner Laura for many years, Lisa had previously been married - to a man.

In this episode, Lisa explains what changed for her after her divorce, and how she came out to her family. Although they were accepting - as she'd anticipated- their reaction still surprised her! See why about halfway through the video.

Do you know anyone who came out after being in a heterosexual relationship first?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GingerNeeSmith
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

most of the gays I know were in a straight relationship before coming out

Pooobaihr
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

awe. This is nice.

Infinite1221
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I was in a heterosexual relationship before coming out as a lesbian.  It's very common actually.

Sarah & Ky :)

JadensMommy2
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM
How awesome! :D
MamaNiecey
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
3 moms liked this

sarcasmI am miserably married and attracted to women.  It's very difficult desiring women and your trapped in a relationship with a man.  I have no sexual desires for a man anymore.  I guess I have always been like this but trying to do the so called right thing as the bible says.  I do love women and if I found the right one I am sure I'd be with her.  Just could never find the right one and have settled for men.  Wasn't a good idea.  As I said now I am miserable and there are kids involved.  Am not asking for advice.  Just wanted to share. 

MamaNiecey
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
3 moms liked this

sarcasmThis is a beautiful story,  More and more women are finding connections with other women.  Seems the connection is not there with men.  They are just not emotionally there with you like a woman is.  A woman cares and is concerned.  It's a totally different relationship altogether than it is with a man.  I am in this situation now.  Married and just not feeling a thing towards men and definately not a sexual connection.  Sex with a man sickens me.  Men just don't understand and are very selfish when it comes to women's issues.  I have looked forever for even just a good woman friend,  Can't find her. 

lilmama31781
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM
My bestfriend came out after her divorce i love het reguardless
jordonmasonmom
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM

my bestfreind (RIP) her mother was married to a man for 12 yrs until he passed away from a heart disease. She has been a lesbian ever since, she says she will never love another man the way she did him.

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Quoting GingerNeeSmith:

most of the gays I know were in a straight relationship before coming out

Yep I don't know any gay or lesbian that hasn't been in a heterosexual relationship actually.

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Bump to watch later! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN