Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

dance moms

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
what age would you get your daughter into dancing? im not going to be some crazy dance mom but i would like to start her out with dancing when she is young to see if she enjoys it.
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM
My oldest DD started at almost 5, my youngest DD started at 3. They both started with ballet only. My younger DD still only does ballet, she's 4 1/2. My oldest dances ballet, jazz, hip hop and company, she's 9 1/2. I don't push them at all. If they want to quit, they can (except in the middle of a year cuz I've already paid tuition). My younger DD is still a little unsure, but she says she wants to go back. My oldest, I couldn't make her stop. This is her thing, she's so passionate about it. She earns taking all these lessons by doing good in school. If school starts slipping, dance goes away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:16 AM

You can start at 3 or 4 depending on the child.

newStepmom05
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM

we started SD5 in ballet this year. Porbably about 5 months ago. 

She loves it, she has performed at the county fair already, and then this weekend she has a recital. 

We don't like the studio that she's currently at, so I'm looking into other options and we will be giving her the option if she would like to continue after the summer break. 

angeljen3
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

The studio I use had a mommy and me class you could use from 18 months to 2. Then when they turn 3 they start a combo class, with ballet, tap and tumbling.  Love it so far I think.  That show is for more serious girls IMO.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I would love to start my dd now....she's 5.

JadedFaerie
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:15 AM

If she showed an interest in it, I'd put her in, but I'd rather try her on sports first.

Roo1234
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:45 AM
My daughter has been dancing since she was 3, and although they are really cute at that age, I would probably wait until 5 or 6 like I did for my son if I were to do it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovedbymom
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

My daughter is not into dancing all that much, but I have a friend who teaches dancing and has her daughter in dancing...I think she was 4 or 5 when she started in dance classes.

yellownes8
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM
My daughter turns 3 next month. She starts in September.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)