Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Okay, I can't be alone!!  For the last 10 years I have had zits but I'm now into my thirties and am SICK of them!

I get hormonal zits, they don't really come to a head and just sit there for weeks and weeks, usually around my chin.  Since having my son 5 months ago, they are in overdrive because my period is not back to normal, they just keep coming.
I've tried many many skin regimes including Proactiv.  I find they don't help because they aren't really 'teen' zits, they are hormonal...

Any suggestions would be welcome!! 

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Replies (21-28):
MamatoKy
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I am 25, been dealing with severe nodule acne, cystic acne, blackheads, whiteheads, the whole nine yards.

I've been on EVERYTHING from Tetracycaline, Minocyclin, Erthroymyacin, this that and the other. It sucks

I try to drink a lot of water...it kinda helps. I am not taking anymore medicine, i gave up. I also use Cetaphil. It is not overly drying, and I've been using it for about a week. It seems to be working

abouttobeamom
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Youtube any questions....I learned to work out, cut my hair, and clip bird wings...youtube I my #1 favorite site
woolftwo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Tea Tree Oil, or I actually was just told that when you break open an Advil gel cap and apply it to the zit when you go to bed it will be dried up and gone by morning. Not sure if it works though, thankfully I'm lucky and don't have the zit problems. I would gladly trade the problems I do have for that one though!

woolftwo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Also, I have a friend who swears by the Bare Minerals Acne treatment by Bare Escentuals.  Same friend also likes the Tea Tree Oil, but you really have to be able to tolerate the smell of that. It stinks!!!!! It's also good if you ever get a nail fungus!

RetiredUSAFWife
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Try xango. (We have a product called "Glimpse", there is one out there that will probably handle that situation. Go to www.mymangosteen.com/coker

ID:9406604

Let me know what you think if you try it.

Venae
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Can you see a dermatologist?  After several meds, finally got on Accutane - twice - very strong stuff - cleared up my skin beautifully - dried out all the oil so that I didn't have to wash my hair every day - for the first time in my life!  I can't take it again - apparently one of the side effects can be osteoporosis.  You also have to be extremely diligent in the birth control department.  Babies are deformed when conceived on it, so you better not get pregnant.  In fact, the pill pouch, where you punch out the pill, has a pregnant lady w/a red line on it!

There's also Epiduo gel - that works great, but w/o insurance it's $220 a tube. 

thepixiebrat
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Janet:

Clinique has a good kit for hormonal zits.

kmg721
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Try a peel for acne prone skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)