Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you maintain beautiful skin?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know maintaining beautiful skin can be difficult but it doesn't have to be. We gave 200 CafeMom members one free package of Dove Beauty Bars and asked them to try it with their family. With the pure moisturizing cream and mild cleansers in Dove Beauty Bars, skin is left clean, soft and smooth compared to soap which can leave skin feeling dry and tight.

Tell us about your skin regimen. How do you maintain beautiful skin?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Replies (211-220):
Janeth298
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Hello fellow moms, i would like to say that i absolutly loved the Dove beauty bars. They made my skin feel so smooth and soft compared to my other soap. I really like the soft fresh clean scent it left. Even my children love it, they said "it feels so creamy" I would definitly recommend this soap to family and friends, they will notice a change on the first use. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to try something new.
igot2crazyboys
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM

i think my skin stays soft and smooth looking is cause i hardly wear makeup.

igot2crazyboys
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM

i got my dove bars in the mail a few days ago but it has been so crazy busy around the house i havent gotten a chance to share about them until now. they smell so good. after using them my skin seemed so much smoother. i loved them. i will definitely be telling my friends and family to try them out if they arent using them already. thanks so much.

Lucky_Momma
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Alright so after a week of using dove beauty bars I have the results! I gave one to my mom to get her opinion too!

My fiancé loves it! He used to buy that bottled wash that smelled like cologne, yeah, not anymore! He loves the smell of this!

My 3 year old doesn't really care but it keeps his skin moisutureized and soft so in turn, I am happy! :)

As for me, it didn't work well on my face, but the rest of my body is amazingly soft! :) I don't have that tight feeling in my skin anymore!

The fact that it didn't work well on my face, doesn't surprise me. My face is very sensitive and needs certain soaps and lotions or else it's SUPER DRY and irritated! But I'm still using it for my body!

thank you Dove!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stellarmom1
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Hi ladies,

I recieved my Dove beauty bars a few weeks ago, and I was super excited to give them a shot. Normally I'm a face wash and body wash type of girl, I just don't really dig the bar soap thing. Saying that one of my best friends swears by washing her face only with Dove, and she has the PERFECT skin, so I was really hoping to love them. The first thing I noticed was the smell, it's not overwhelming, just a nice refreshing clean smell.  I used the Dove body bar not only in the shower but also for washing my face. I really like how easily it lathers and rinses.  It really seems to make my skin super soft. I didn't notice any extra breakouts from using them either which is always a good thing. I then decided to try Dove Beauty bars on my 3 year old. She has extremely dry skin that gets irriatated easily.  I honestly think it made her skin softer after using them for about two weeks. I was pretty happy overall with the Dove beauty bars, I'm not sure if I will keep using them for myself, but I completly switched over for my daugther. I'm very happy with the results!

Thanks Dove & Cafemom!

SamiJ18
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:11 PM

It has been a whole week since I have made the switch to Dove Beauty Bars and my skin feels wonderful!!  I was using a regular bar of soap that often left the skin on my face dry and flaky.  Well, Dove Beauty Bars have worked wonders for my dry skin problem.  I no longer have to apply a moisturizer as soon as I wash my face which means that I no longer have as many clogged pores.  I am less prone to breakouts, my skin looks brighter, my skin is softer.  My children have sensitive, fair skin and the Dove Beauty Bars are gentle enough for them.  They love the way they smell after a bath and I can actually wash their faces with it.  I don't have to lather my children with lotion after bathtime since the soap does not dry or irritate their skin.  Needless to say, we are sold on Dove Beauty Bars and will definitely make this switch permanent.

LovelyMommy24
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I don't take hot showers. :)

Mommy2Nia
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Normally I only wash my face with a wet cloth. Afterwards, I apply a little Neutrogena Age Shield Face with SPF 110 along with a little Keri lotion. I use the lotion to blend in the Neutrogena as it often leaves my face looking streaky.
My daughter has breakouts. So, I purchased the Bellaboo 3-step system for her skin. It has been hard getting her to follow the routine though. She is just 10.
After my Dove bars arrived, I told her it was fine to use it on her face because it wasn't drying like regular bar soap. She uses it regularly because she loves the scent. It has only been about a week and her face is clearing up.
We are really loving the Dove bars. Thanks again, CafeMom!
Refurbished
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Retin-A has kept my 39-year-old face without any wrinkles at all.  When I start getting fine lines, I use a glycolic acid or trichloric acid chemical peel on it.  My only regret is that I concentrated on my face, neck, chest area and that is wrinkle free, but there's a stark contrast between my face and hands.  I wish that I had done this with my hands also because they look like they belong to the crypt keeper.

cookiecounter
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 4:10 AM
I received the Dove beauty bars a few days ago and I love them. I have been using them everyday and my skin does feel noticeably softer. Plus they smell great. Will be switching from body wash, after using it for many years, to beauty bars. I'm hooked.Thank you cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)