Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you maintain beautiful skin?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know maintaining beautiful skin can be difficult but it doesn't have to be. We gave 200 CafeMom members one free package of Dove Beauty Bars and asked them to try it with their family. With the pure moisturizing cream and mild cleansers in Dove Beauty Bars, skin is left clean, soft and smooth compared to soap which can leave skin feeling dry and tight.

Tell us about your skin regimen. How do you maintain beautiful skin?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Replies (241-250):
IndigoRose
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Quoting mik1of3:

At 47 and being post menopausal, I STILL have very oily skin.  Not many women my age still use Oxy, Clean & Clear, etc...but I do!

I cleanse with an acne control exfoliant, then with a mild cleaner like Cetaphil for oily skin before bed.  In the morning, I use another exfoliant and Oxy maximum strength cleanser. 

For my body, though I love to use Dove, original formula beauty bar.  I love the smell...it reminds me of my Memaw, and it keeps the rough spots --you know, knees, elbows and ankles, soft.  I esp love it during the winter (or what we have in Houston that passes for winter)...no ashy legs or arms during our brief cold snaps.

A good diet, exercise, and lots and lots of water keep my skin looking really good--very few lines and wrinkles, even for someone like me who loves the sun (and hates sunscreen).

I hate sunscreen too.  I can't stand greasy junk on my skin!  But, I also stay out of the sun.  I seek the shade.  I'm not a hot weather person.  I got badly sunburned once,---just once.

rhodaj
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I have been using the Dove soap that was sent to me and I love it. Since I go tanning and it dries out my skin the dove soap moisturizes it back to normal. Used it on my granddaughter that normally has flacky skin and it worked great

emkirkley
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Rodan + Fields products!

mama_ang
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Mary Kay!!  My skin looks so good I do not need to wear makeup.  When I want to feel extra pretty - I throw on some mascara and lipcolor.  I'm blessed with a natural flush to my cheeks and my blue eyes are all the pop I need!

MomToBray
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I finally got a chance to use my new Dove soap and gotta say, I do love it! 

My favorite thing is the fragrance. It has such a clean smell but is not an overpowering scent like a lot of soap.

It also left my skin feeling clean and smooth without any sticky residue.

I'd definitely recommend it!

AYISHA1022
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I maintain my beautiful skin by cleansing my face 

every other day with neutrogena grapefruit and it makes

my skin smooth and clear I love it.

pampire
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Drink lots of water, use sunscreen, exfoliate once a week.

mommynac
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Drink water.

3lilindians
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I'm so late on writing my review, sorry guys! I been a bit busy with kids going back to school, work and so many other things, but here I go. 

I recieved my Dove soap about 3 weeks ago now, use it every other day. I really love the scent, not sure why but it makes me think of a time in my childhood, which is weird but whatever. I haven't really noticed a change in moisture of my skin but to be fair I don't apply lotion on a regular basis as I should, I need to start getting into that cause I'm getting older *gasp* I do like how it really doesn't leave a build up feeling on my skin though, it feels so much lighter after my showers, and I don't know if it's the type of tub we have, but other soaps tend to leave lots of build up on my tub and shower walls,  which always makes for a super fun time deep cleaning that off.  In all I do like the Dove soap and will continue to buy it. 

Thanks Cm, I haven't had an influancer option in a while and I really enjoyed this. 

3lilindians
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

yes! I was just saying that in my review and hadn't read any of the other comments yet. I totally love when any one takes a shower, my bedroom is off our bathroom so I'll go hang out there just to get the smell lol 

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

Is any one else stunned by how great this stuff smells. I want to put one in my shirt drawer lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)