Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you maintain beautiful skin?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know maintaining beautiful skin can be difficult but it doesn't have to be. We gave 200 CafeMom members one free package of Dove Beauty Bars and asked them to try it with their family. With the pure moisturizing cream and mild cleansers in Dove Beauty Bars, skin is left clean, soft and smooth compared to soap which can leave skin feeling dry and tight.

Tell us about your skin regimen. How do you maintain beautiful skin?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Replies (251-260):
madwifa
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I haved used only Dove all my entire 50 years of life. I only used it on my children and grandchildren. I even take it on vacation so I am sure to get my dove on while on vacation as most hotels have a really harsh soap that makes you feel all weird.

I love my dove

Vampy_Mommy2
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I use coconut oil. Before using it to wash my face my skin was overly oily. I would get rid of the oil by using astringent. It would work but a few hours later the oil was back and worse then ever. 

I started using coconut oil to wash my face at night about a week ago and since then my skin is more even toned looking and although I still have some oil, its not as much as it was. Its the good kind of oil that your face needs. My skin is more balanced and soft and no breakouts!!

I also use coconut oil and brown sugar to do a face scrub once to twice a month. 

Its also good for your hair!! Helps prevent breakage, fly aways and fall out! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE coconut oil!!

GinaBabyfacee
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I work in a vault and at home the kids always are making me run around. So I'm always getting dirty and afraid of my skin care ;[ I have been looking for years for perfect solutions to acne and to free my skin. I have finally found my balance, but I do try other stuff cause I always like trying new things.

Although, I have finally found my favorites. If anyone can find or try Lancomb's wash care line for facial, you will fall in love with it. It keeps me so clean and perfect for my dry-oily skin complexion. I use this every week on Friday as a treat. Normally, at night when I am getting ready for bed I use Rimmel's eye makeup remover, works wonders (and I DOOOO LOVE BLACK EYELINER). I then use Nuetragena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, it helps take the rest of my makeup off as well. For spot control and redness, I use an acne toning sulfur mask by Acnefree. It works amazing wonders for my skin, which is super sensitive. I love it too because I have kids and it's not long of a treatment either!

Hopefully, since I know we all vary in skin, everyone will find what they love and need. It is such a trying experience ;[ Try to use some face masks too! I always love trying new things. ;]

mehargval
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM
My skin doesn't agree with many commercial products. It gets dry and is prone to break outs. I've been using homemade soaps and cleansers for a couple years, but I was excited to try Dove because I never had before. I don't use much fragrance in my homemade products, so my nose must be sensitive to it. Before I even opened the package I could smell it. It was a good smell, just a tad overwhelming at first. I was concerned it would leave my skin too perfumey, but it didn't. Actually it was quite pleasant after I used it. My skin felt soft too, but not greasy. I've used some products that feel as if they won't rinse away completely, bit the Dove wasn't like that. I'll probably use Dove products in the future. Maybe try some of their different items as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinai22
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM

For me to maintain a beauitful skin I eat healthy food, drink alot of water, and exercise.

AugustMidge
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Dove Beauty Bars are great. When I opened my first bar and took a whiff of the clean scent I was excited about my shower. Being a mother of two and having a super busy household shower time is typically the only time I can pamper myself, enjoy my alone time and actually take a breather. Therefore the soap I use is an important part of the entire setting. 

My skin was soft and smooth. I even shaved my legs using the Dove bar with superb results. 

From now on the Dove Beauty Bar is going to be a part of my daily regimen. Thank you for letting me try it out. 

Momma_MKBC
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Is that the only kind of product you use what about skin care:-)
Momma_MKBC
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM
How I maintain BEAutiful skin is I use Mary Kay time wise. It makes my skin look and feel absolutely flawless:-)
JamminOutMama
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Hmmmm I need a regimin. I tried aveenoand clearasil. Nothing is working for my skin type. I would love to try a dove bar
mik1of3
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quoting IndigoRose:

Quoting mik1of3:

At 47 and being post menopausal, I STILL have very oily skin.  Not many women my age still use Oxy, Clean & Clear, etc...but I do!

I cleanse with an acne control exfoliant, then with a mild cleaner like Cetaphil for oily skin before bed.  In the morning, I use another exfoliant and Oxy maximum strength cleanser. 

For my body, though I love to use Dove, original formula beauty bar.  I love the smell...it reminds me of my Memaw, and it keeps the rough spots --you know, knees, elbows and ankles, soft.  I esp love it during the winter (or what we have in Houston that passes for winter)...no ashy legs or arms during our brief cold snaps.

A good diet, exercise, and lots and lots of water keep my skin looking really good--very few lines and wrinkles, even for someone like me who loves the sun (and hates sunscreen).

I hate sunscreen too.  I can't stand greasy junk on my skin!  But, I also stay out of the sun.  I seek the shade.  I'm not a hot weather person.  I got badly sunburned once,---just once.

Well, like I said, I live in Houston, so even when its winter, it still gets hot.  Our idea of a cold day is 40 degrees...and if we get a freezing rain, the entire city shuts down! LOL.

My dad has an olive complexion with oily skin...I got both.  I've burned badly twice in my life...but thats all.  Usually, Ill get a light burn at the beginning of summer, then tan, tan, tan, tan....and at 47, I have very few wrinkles. 

I remember my doctor telling me I'd appreciate my oily skin someday.  He was right.  I'd rather have a zit than a wrinkle, because zits go away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN