Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you maintain beautiful skin?

Posted by   + Show Post

Busy moms know maintaining beautiful skin can be difficult but it doesn't have to be. We gave 200 CafeMom members one free package of Dove Beauty Bars and asked them to try it with their family. With the pure moisturizing cream and mild cleansers in Dove Beauty Bars, skin is left clean, soft and smooth compared to soap which can leave skin feeling dry and tight.

Tell us about your skin regimen. How do you maintain beautiful skin?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Replies (271-280):
Sondi7
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Quoting Oceana09:

Honestly, twice a week I make a special mask (Oatmeal, milk, and Honey) that I put on my skin and let sit there for at least 5 minutes before rinsing. It makes my skin ultra soft for like 3 to 4 days. It's awesome.

Recipe, please? :)
Oceana09
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Quoting Sondi7:

Quoting Oceana09:

Honestly, twice a week I make a special mask (Oatmeal, milk, and Honey) that I put on my skin and let sit there for at least 5 minutes before rinsing. It makes my skin ultra soft for like 3 to 4 days. It's awesome.

t's not so much a recipe as it is finding what you are comfortable with. If my skin is feeling scratchy (like in the really hot or really cold months) I add more Oatmeal. It's oatmeal, and then the milk and then the honey. Honey is ALWAYS a cup. No more, no less. Once you get those three combined you can either add more milk or more oatmeal to make the consistancy the way you want it. I always make sure I have enough to do my entire body. It feels AMAZING!!!

rbc50
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I use Vanicream soap free bar cleanser mixed with a baking soda paste made with a few drops of water to exfoliate 3 times a week. Other days just use the cleanser. Everyday and night i use the Vanicreamblowing kissesmoisturizer on neck and face using UPWARD STROKES.

Baybeelove88
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I use clean and clear every morning! I love the tingly feeling, it really wakes me up in the morning! But to be honest it's mostly just good genes, my mom never really had any problems with her skin either :) that's not to say I need get pimples, but they are rare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sondi7
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quoting Oceana09:

Quoting Sondi7:

Quoting Oceana09:

t's not so much a recipe as it is finding what you are comfortable with. If my skin is feeling scratchy (like in the really hot or really cold months) I add more Oatmeal. It's oatmeal, and then the milk and then the honey. Honey is ALWAYS a cup. No more, no less. Once you get those three combined you can either add more milk or more oatmeal to make the consistancy the way you want it. I always make sure I have enough to do my entire body. It feels AMAZING!!!

Thank you! I am going to try it tonight. Can't wait!

MooreBoysMama
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I was surprised to actually like the Dove Beauty Bars. I have always used body wash. I liked the way it lathered and smelled. My skin felt really soft after using it a for a week. I am going to use the bars through the winter and see how my skin feels.

Pilarin
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Hello Ladies,

Here is a secret formula to beauty. https://www.mybeautysociety.com/pilarwienke - these products are amazing. Please let me know if you have any questions. I like this company because their products are: parafen free, sulfate free, cruelty free, fragance free, vegan friendly and most importantly they are made in the USA.  With 5 steps you will have a beautiful skin. 1. Clean, 2. Resurface, 3. Rebuilt and Repair, 4. Moisturize, 5. Protect.  We are obsessed with helping women obtain their full potential in beauty, financial dreams and giving back to the world.

rhodaj
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I have had no problems with the Dove soap which is unusual. Normally by the time I get to the third bar of soap my skin starts itching and it hasn't.  It has also been doing great at mosturizing my skin

bluesky51201
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I got my samples but did not try them until this weekend.  I have had a terrible cold and I wanted to wait until I could actually smell the soap since that is what I am most picky about when it comes to body wash.  I absolutely loved it!  It didn't take a lot to work up a good lather and it just felt good on my skin.  When I rinsed it off I couldn't feel any left over oil or lotion.  I love soaps with moisturizers but I hate the feeling of still have soap on me.  The Dove soap also has other uses as well!.  Its a fabulous air freshner, even after a shower in the morning my bathroom still has the light clean scent of Dove.  And I discovered after getting in the shower that I was all out of my regular soap.  I remembered the commercial saying that it was a gentle soap so I tried it as a face wash.  It worked great!  Once again no left over residue on my face and my skin didn't feel dry at all like it does when you use other brands of bar soap on your face.  I will definitely be buying more Dove bars in the future!

LoganTroyMom
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Dove IS nice soap but i usually use st ives on my face. However lately its been just hot water!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)