Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My 9 year old daughter is never happy.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

I love my dd but she is never happy over anything. I'm a stay at home Mom, I'm beginning to homeschool her. It's not like a strict regimen I'm just easing it on her for now, and going from there. But she always finds something to complain over. I also have a ds he is 10, he has special needs and in the type of school he's in it goes year round, he gets like Christmas, Easter and breaks like that, but when the rest of the school ends for the summer he gets like a week off, then back again for like 6 weeks, then has another week out of school again and goes back when everyone else does. So the main portion of my day is with her. She complains I don't spend enough time with her. If it was her way I wouldn't clean my house, I would cook when she got hungry, and play all day every day. Now when my ds comes home, she gets mean with him. Don't be mistaken he's not the perfect brother, but he'll just walk in a room, and she starts complaining over him. I don't get it. When I took her to her yearly physical in April 2012 the doctor said, within 6 months she'll be getting her period, and the way she complains, and can be so moody, I mean you can't say anything to her in the morning, she won't even say hi. Oh and she gets this attitude like she's grown. She never gives me personal space, without a struggle. I love her but this is stressing me out. Any advice ladies?

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM
First, I think it's weird her doctor predicted her first period. No one knows when that's gonna start.

Second, honestly mama, she's normal. She's just like every other 9 yr old. She sounds just like my 9 yr old. I just said to mine this afternoon that she needs to stop complaining all the time. She complains about the dumbest stuff! Best thing to do is sit her down and set some ground rules. Maybe give her a journal to write in. She's at a weird age. She's not a kid, she's not a teenager. It can be hard for them. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperWoman8
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I went through a phase like that at that age. if you ask my husband he'll probably tell you that I'm STILL going through that phase!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:19 AM

That sounds like a good book.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

try this book - http://www.amazon.com/Freeing-Your-Child-Negative-Thinking/dp/0738211850

Mommynay2
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I felt that was weird. He's retired now but everybody develops differently. The way I see it it'll come when it comes. But the way she's been acting I felt it was coming soon.
I'm glad to hear it's normal behavior. But I'll take your advice, thank you.
Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

First, I think it's weird her doctor predicted her first period. No one knows when that's gonna start.

Second, honestly mama, she's normal. She's just like every other 9 yr old. She sounds just like my 9 yr old. I just said to mine this afternoon that she needs to stop complaining all the time. She complains about the dumbest stuff! Best thing to do is sit her down and set some ground rules. Maybe give her a journal to write in. She's at a weird age. She's not a kid, she's not a teenager. It can be hard for them. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM
It's probably a change and stage she's going through!
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM

My dd can be like that from time to time. Tell her no one wants to be with a gloomy gus, not you, not her friends, maybe she'll get the hint soon that she's making people not want to be around her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN