Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Thinking about going to work...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I've been thinking for months about going to work. The only time I ever actually went to work that wasn't paid under table was when my daughter was about 3 months old. I only worked for 2 weeks because I missed my daughter way too much and I couldn't drive myself at the time. Now I can drive and everything. I'm a little worried because I don't have much work experience and I'm not much of a people person. I'm a shy and quiet person. We really do need the money because we're on cash aid and my husband has been looking for a job for quite some time.

Rose <3 Hugo 02/24/2011

Marguerite 02/02/2011

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I'm not employed now but for years I went through temp services for work.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Good Luck!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck. A temp agency is a good idea for both you and your dh. The temp agency here sends you to a job that day.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I would try indeed.com- they list available jobs from all major sites like Monster. Also check your local paper for openings.

I used to work as a housekeeper before I got married and I loved it. I knew what I needed to do and no one bothered me unless there was a question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  Look for a job doing something that you enjoy or in an environment that you enjoy.  Hope it goes well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)