Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A pastors wife came to our house and was going over church things with us to try to get us to join their church. She asked if she could see the kids so we went to their room and immediately I was overloaded with questions and comment about how letting these children share a room was unholy and just flat out the unchristian way to be. But they are only two months and it just makes things so much easier on me when they both cry or need something. And its not like I wasn't going to keep them like that  just until they were two or three and got out of the fussy stage.

But is that unchristian?

Should I move them out before then or should I move them out now?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
Ultra_
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

:O For real? Omg, seriously. I spend all my time with my church family and we're so normal that I just think these kind of crazy people don't exist. Then I come here and THEY DO EXIST!

Quoting DixieFlower:

Wow how in the world is that unchristian? Sounds like when my baby sister was in nursery school. She was attending a Baptist school. My mom had bought her a red velvet dress for Christmas and sent her to school in it for picture day. That afternoon when she picked her up my sister had a Demerit note. It stated that a red velvet dress was inappropriate attire for any Christian female especially a child. We still don't know WTH that was about.

LadyBugMom09
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:14 AM
I've never heard that before. And I've been a Christian my whole life....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJAG
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM
6 moms liked this

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  I guarantee Jesus shared a room with his whole family!  I'm a pastors wife, too, BTW.

ElizabethAnnNB
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM

uh.. my 4 and 2 year old share a room....

judybant
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM
3 moms liked this

wow... that woman needs to look a little better into her Bible. NOWHERE in there does it say whether or not it's "Christian" or not to have kids share a room. My pastor's two daughters shared a room until they were teenagers. 

If I were you, I'd first ask this woman if she is knowledgeable about adiaphorous concepts in regard to the Bible. If she says "yes", then ask her to explain how the sleeping arrangements for infant twins does not fall into that category. (Adiaphorous concepts are things that are neither commanded, nor disallowed by the Bible, or in other words, it's up to us to decide for ourselves whether or not it is harming to our eternal salvation or not.) 

If she doesn't know what the word means... then locate another church. Quickly. 

raven1114
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Is she going tp pay for you to have a larger home so they can have their own room? If not then it's none of her business. Personally i'd find another church to attend. Kids sharing a room has nothing to do with being a Christian or not being one.

ladyluke2007
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm taking you have twins......Don't worry about it.  They are only two months old and it seems she is commiting a sin herself called Judgement.  As a mother I can totally see why you have theem both is the same room at that age.

marabie
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM
35 moms liked this

Well if it is unchristian then I hope you had two uteruses because they shared the same bed for nine months.

asaffell
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Leave the babies alone and find another church.

kschwaz36
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM
3 moms liked this

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! People like her make the rest of the christian community look bad and she should be ashamed of herself (coming from a christian). I shared a room with my older brother until I was 10 and he was my best friend. My parents used to fight a lot when we were younger and he protected me and sheilded me from it. I honestly don't know how well I would have come out of everything if I hadn't had my older brother to protect me. Do what feels right for your family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)