Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A pastors wife came to our house and was going over church things with us to try to get us to join their church. She asked if she could see the kids so we went to their room and immediately I was overloaded with questions and comment about how letting these children share a room was unholy and just flat out the unchristian way to be. But they are only two months and it just makes things so much easier on me when they both cry or need something. And its not like I wasn't going to keep them like that  just until they were two or three and got out of the fussy stage.

But is that unchristian?

Should I move them out before then or should I move them out now?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:35 PM
19 moms liked this

Run far, far away from the church. They are obviously way to concerned with your home life and personal choices.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM
This. If it was unchristian, then my in-laws would have said something already. Mine are 5 and 2 and they share a room.

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

What religion was she? I have never heard of that. I'm an only child, but have dozens of cousins. When they spent the night, we all piled into my bed.

I would have asked her is that her personal opinion? If not, then where in the bible does it say it's wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganShaye
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM
5 moms liked this

I dont consider myself in any religion. I follow Jesus not a religion. But...I would say NO that is NOT unchristian and totally YOUR choice to make. I do not believe that GOD would look down on you because you let your kids share a room. If I were in your situation I would do the same thing. I read the Bible and so far I have not seen anything written in their about how we must not let our children share the same room. Thats crazy and I wouldnt even consider attending that church!!

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

There's nothing sexual about babies or children so I dont' see why it would matter.  I mean, back in the day, houses only had one room so everyone shared.

SlapItHigh
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

FWIW, I think it's great that your babies share a room!

snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh Boy! That really sounds insane! They are kids.....

laurenb1
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to be quite the Jesus freak. I was a youth leader, did my devotions daily, etc... But I've never heard of this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie2568
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM

That is just the most "funniest/unaccurate" info I have EVER...EVER...EVER heard in my life.

I could understand in they were over 4/6 months old (some would say is to old to share a bed), but 2 months that is crazy...infants often sleep together it encourages bonding between siblings and is easier access for the parents. *There is nothing wrong with infants sharing crib or bed as long as they arent getting scratched to much or stuck bc they are constantly moving, but kids can share a room as long as parents need them to.*

WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY - GOD IS THE JUDGE YOU SHOULD'VE SAID THAT....

Its fine for them to stay that way until they start getting up to much i would say about 4/6 months move them to seperate beds or rooms if thats your choice.

DixieFlower
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow how in the world is that unchristian? Sounds like when my baby sister was in nursery school. She was attending a Baptist school. My mom had bought her a red velvet dress for Christmas and sent her to school in it for picture day. That afternoon when she picked her up my sister had a Demerit note. It stated that a red velvet dress was inappropriate attire for any Christian female especially a child. We still don't know WTH that was about.

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Huh.. well guess I'm going to hell lol.

My 6 year old and almost 2 year old share a room. They won't be getting moved to separate bedrooms until next year when we get a bigger place our lease is up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)