Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A pastors wife came to our house and was going over church things with us to try to get us to join their church. She asked if she could see the kids so we went to their room and immediately I was overloaded with questions and comment about how letting these children share a room was unholy and just flat out the unchristian way to be. But they are only two months and it just makes things so much easier on me when they both cry or need something. And its not like I wasn't going to keep them like that  just until they were two or three and got out of the fussy stage.

But is that unchristian?

Should I move them out before then or should I move them out now?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
YoungAndAMommy
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting itsblissmas:

Yeah, yeah, um ok.

And exactly HOW is it UNChristian? Seriously. My sister and I shared a room 'til she graduated from High School. So is this woman thinking my parents will go to hell for it? Or maybe my sister and I? Really, what exactly did she say?

And for the record, I believe she is messed up. I hope she gave you Scripture to "prove" it.

She asked if we hads been to a church before we moved. Then asked if my husband and I owned a bible and if we were planning on purchasing my kids one also before they came to church. I told her I would get them one but not until they understnad wh y we go to church I want them to understand what God gave to us. Then she asked if I ever read it and if I was fimiliar with Adultrey. I was confused but went with it. She told me that keeping different gendered kids in the same room with out adult supervision is risky and unbiblical because of the unwed factor. THEY ARE TWO MONTHS AND BROTHER AND SISTER.! I really thought she was stupid. What were they going to crawl out of their cribs and HAVE SEX???

ZsMommy
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM
4 moms liked this

I say find a different church-SERIOUSLY.

2mo's???

I'm a Christian and I'm just shaking my head at the pastor's wife's comment.

splatz
by Sarah on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM

That is absolutely insane. I love how people always try to brand their crazy as "religion".

Quoting YoungAndAMommy:

Quoting itsblissmas:

Yeah, yeah, um ok.

And exactly HOW is it UNChristian? Seriously. My sister and I shared a room 'til she graduated from High School. So is this woman thinking my parents will go to hell for it? Or maybe my sister and I? Really, what exactly did she say?

And for the record, I believe she is messed up. I hope she gave you Scripture to "prove" it.

She asked if we hads been to a church before we moved. Then asked if my husband and I owned a bible and if we were planning on purchasing my kids one also before they came to church. I told her I would get them one but not until they understnad wh y we go to church I want them to understand what God gave to us. Then she asked if I ever read it and if I was fimiliar with Adultrey. I was confused but went with it. She told me that keeping different gendered kids in the same room with out adult supervision is risky and unbiblical because of the unwed factor. THEY ARE TWO MONTHS AND BROTHER AND SISTER.! I really thought she was stupid. What were they going to crawl out of their cribs and HAVE SEX???

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this

tell her to mind her own business, and find a new church 

ZsMommy
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting YoungAndAMommy:

Quoting itsblissmas:

Yeah, yeah, um ok.

I hate to ask...but I'm going to...

What denomination is this church????

blg5484
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM
3 moms liked this

this made me laugh she is a fool dont join that church

Quoting YoungAndAMommy:

Quoting itsblissmas:

Yeah, yeah, um ok.

Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein and Michael Jordan were all breastfed to

age three and beyond. The day YOU have SIX NBA Championship rings and

millions of dollars in endorsement contracts, a Noble Prize in Physics

AND the ability to walk on water, you may make comments.
breastfeeding

Ultra_
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Go even further than that. To biblical times when they had many children in one room. Lol, what nut. No, ignore her and find a new church. I don't know anyone who thinks like that, Christian or not.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Unchristian!!! Lol how does she feel that large families had to live in one room shacks back in the pioneer days. Didn't make them less Christian, probably better. I wouldn't join a church like that.

tennisgal
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

uh wtf?? kids sharing room is neither holy nor unholy. that lady is crazy. my kids will always share a room and i don't find anything immoral with it. that's silly.

nov30mom
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly I think this post is made up..... to make Christians look bad

mymanben
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

ha, my sister and brother (twins) shared a room until they were 3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)