Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A pastors wife came to our house and was going over church things with us to try to get us to join their church. She asked if she could see the kids so we went to their room and immediately I was overloaded with questions and comment about how letting these children share a room was unholy and just flat out the unchristian way to be. But they are only two months and it just makes things so much easier on me when they both cry or need something. And its not like I wasn't going to keep them like that  just until they were two or three and got out of the fussy stage.

But is that unchristian?

Should I move them out before then or should I move them out now?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
mummy1990
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't join that church if even the pastors wife is THAT judgemental. Wow....I shared a room with my brother till I was 8, and I shared a room with my mom till I was 16, which I hated...I have privacy issues because of it. She sounds loco

toomanypoodles
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Unchristian, no.  A legalistic pastor's wife, yes. 

Find a church that's not so religious it takes away any freedom Christ allows us to have.  We are not under any sort of laws like that.  Sounds like this lady needs to get into the New Testament. 

Nicky2911
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Twins?

lhomfeld
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

coming from a christian . . . I have never heard of that, I say if it makes it easier for you, then keep at it mommas

Allebas
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this

WOW!!! That lady sounds like a NUTJOB!!! Besides, IMO, it is none of her business if your children share a bedroom or not!! We have a 3-bedroom house. We have 5 kids! Guess what! 2 kids share one bedroom, our 3 other kids share a bedroom and DH and I of course, share a room. Its really not a big deal. I have NEVER heard of kids sharing a bedroom being 'unchristian!' Just wow!!

TeeB
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
She was pretty UNchristian to judge.
Pooobaihr
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this

what a load of crock!

They are BABIES.

Nothing unchristian is wrong with this situation, aside from that so called "christian's" judgemental-ness.

firespurity
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this

lol that lady is crazy it isn't "risky" unless they close to puberty, but by then they will DEMAND their own rooms because their sibling will be "gross" lol. 

Quoting YoungAndAMommy:

Quoting itsblissmas:

Yeah, yeah, um ok.

And exactly HOW is it UNChristian? Seriously. My sister and I shared a room 'til she graduated from High School. So is this woman thinking my parents will go to hell for it? Or maybe my sister and I? Really, what exactly did she say?

And for the record, I believe she is messed up. I hope she gave you Scripture to "prove" it.

She asked if we hads been to a church before we moved. Then asked if my husband and I owned a bible and if we were planning on purchasing my kids one also before they came to church. I told her I would get them one but not until they understnad wh y we go to church I want them to understand what God gave to us. Then she asked if I ever read it and if I was fimiliar with Adultrey. I was confused but went with it. She told me that keeping different gendered kids in the same room with out adult supervision is risky and unbiblical because of the unwed factor. THEY ARE TWO MONTHS AND BROTHER AND SISTER.! I really thought she was stupid. What were they going to crawl out of their cribs and HAVE SEX???

rayroe2

I am lost so do you have a boy a girl that are 2months apart? how are they only two months apart but I mean it not good for a boy and girl to share a room once they are older but if they are still both babies there is nothing wrong with that.

BrittsTwins
1 mom liked this

Unchristian to share a room? What must she think of the Duggars?! Their kids are split into two rooms, boys and girls. I've never heard of this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN