Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A pastors wife came to our house and was going over church things with us to try to get us to join their church. She asked if she could see the kids so we went to their room and immediately I was overloaded with questions and comment about how letting these children share a room was unholy and just flat out the unchristian way to be. But they are only two months and it just makes things so much easier on me when they both cry or need something. And its not like I wasn't going to keep them like that  just until they were two or three and got out of the fussy stage.

But is that unchristian?

Should I move them out before then or should I move them out now?

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Replies (941-950):
maddysmom85
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Wow she sounds like she has some serious underlying psychological issues. It is not like they are 13, seriously?!? Maybe she had something happen or knows someone that has had something happen, but no it's not unchristian. Ignorance is Bliss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shinta_Rose
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Unchristian? Tht is the craziest thing i have ever herd
deltadawn1975
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM

It isn't unchristian. I shared a room with my brother for a while at age 5 and he was 2. There is nothing wrong with it at a young age.

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I don't see how that is unchristian. I shared a room with my brother for a little bit when I was 5 years old and he was 3 years old. 

pink ribbonIn honor of my mom who is a survivor

redneckmama4
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

OMGOSH!!!

That is why I don't go to boxed in churches...YUCK!!

I say do what feels best for your family and stay away from that church!! Find a different one:)

And unchristian assumes you are christian.

Positive thoughts are like ripples in a pond...they spread:)

Bloggin' mama of 4 livin' the dream on Second Chance Acres

Redneck and proud!!!

cdemkfam
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM

there is nothing wrong with it my brothers shared a room of and on for years being a military family if we had three bedrooms they shared, and in military housing you have to qualify for the number of bedrooms you get and the kids have to be of a certain age before you can get more rooms

dizzy21712
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I am a Southern Baptist ministers wife. That is ridiculous. No, it is not unchristian in any way to have your two month old children in the same room. My kids (10 year old girl and 6 year old boy) are very close and on weekends still like to sleep in the same room together to camp out. Don't let one ignorant individual make up your mind on how you raise your children.

Kattrania
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

there is nothing wrong with them stay togather at that age, before we moved into a bigger house, we only had two bedrooms so my 6 year old, 3 year old and 7 month old all had to share a room, the older two shared a room since my 3 year old's birth

Mama_Gillogley
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM

hahahahaha the things some people label as "unchristian"! as if life isn't stressful enough! You are so, so fine. I'm sure if Jesus walked into your room he wouldn't be like, "Oh man... those babies... mhmm... get them AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!"

I bet Jesus would be delighted if you asked him into your home to meet your babies and He would simply sing over them and pray blessings for them and try to comfort and encourage you on your long journey as a mother of twins. THAT is what Jesus would do.

As many have stated, living with a sibling of the opposite sex has rarely scarred children, especially when they are still BABIES!

Oh man, I have a feeling Jesus would have a word or two for that pastor's wife, hehehe...

Really though, as a follower of Jesus that annoys me, cuz I know how tenderhearted, powerful and amazing my Creator is and He would never say that to you or make you feel that way for something so innocent. You're awesome, ignore what she said and if you want, you can tell her if she has any problems with the way you are rooming your babies... to take it up with Jesus- cuz there is not a thing in the Bible that says you are doing anything wrong. :)

katzmeow726
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Well then I'm really in trouble.  My 3 and a half year old b/g twins share a room

iknitsweatersyo
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I would have told her she needed to leave my house then. There is nothing wrong with them sharing a room!

Quoting YoungAndAMommy:

A pastors wife came to our house and was going over church things with us to try to get us to join their church. She asked if she could see the kids so we went to their room and immediately I was overloaded with questions and comment about how letting these children share a room was unholy and just flat out the unchristian way to be. But they are only two months and it just makes things so much easier on me when they both cry or need something. And its not like I wasn't going to keep them like that  just until they were two or three and got out of the fussy stage.

But is that unchristian?

Should I move them out before then or should I move them out now?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)