Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
My living situation, I live alone with my daughter in an income based apartment, now for the most part things are relatively quiet during the day, nobody is outside but at nite while kids are asleep the ADULTS want to fight(mostly the women, who are mothers no less) like lil teenage girls and boys.

They just finished a fight right outside of my house in the road. It's getting to be rediculous I can't sleep at night due to the fighting almost every nite.

To make matters worse, there are people that come through here with loud music and it drives me crazy because it rattles the windows.

My neighbors and i get along infact we barely talk but this has to end. I cannot afford $600 a month.

What can I do about my living situation to make it more bareable for myself and my daughter besides move?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:35 PM
They told me they weren't going to come back out due to my last name (sad but i've never been thru the system other than child custody) because most of my family have been thru the system on unrelated things so our name is well known
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LogansMommy0328
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Good luck I'm sure you will find something

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I'd like to move closer to my daughters pediatricians office there are a few apartments there that i'm going to look into

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

That sucks I'm sorry :( but if it's a good area it may be something to consider

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I live near my mom but if I gotta move back in w/her I might as well stay where iam lol me and her don't get along

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Do u have any friends you can stay with? Family?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:46 PM

If you have tried all avenues besides moving and you can't move, I would recommend that you put on some nice and easy listening music as a background filtration. We have to do this where we live for the same reasons.  And surprisingly, it works, most of the time.  Yes, it does bring up your electric bill somewhat, but, considering the alternatives, I would say its worth it.  I wish I could do more to help you. : )

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Until then, although it may be difficult (due to the outside), try not to bring negativity into your unit. Make it as peaceful, nurturing, and soothing as possible, for you and your family. For example, we are going through the same thing here; disrespectful neighborhoods who love to gossip, start rumors, call CPS on folks, drink, and smoke crack; and a management company who is really just concerned about getting payment on the first of the month. I constantly let my family know that we are nothing like our neighbors. My 13-year-old takes ballet and is now in advanced classes, my three-year-old is on the waiting list for ballet and is in preschool, my husband works, and I am in school earning a Master's. We attend church services and go to museums, parks, and so forth. In our unit, we have an abundant amount of literature, art supplies, and vacation pictures, art projects, awards, baptismal certificates, and degrees are on the walls-these things are to encourage and support intellectual (academic), spiritual, and emotional development-yes, we live in this neighborhood, but we do not have to act like the neighbors.We do not have to make the same decisions they're making. It is not a question of thinking you're better than everyone else, it is the question of making sure that you and your family are not being influenced by the environment.

I wish you and your family the best of luck. Take care.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I'd like to move closer to my daughters pediatricians office there are a few apartments there that i'm going to look into

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

That sucks I'm sorry :( but if it's a good area it may be something to consider

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I live near my mom but if I gotta move back in w/her I might as well stay where iam lol me and her don't get along

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Do u have any friends you can stay with? Family?

KadenAlansMommy
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Lawrence!!

Quoting jltplk25:

I live in Ottawa. :)

op- call the police. Dispatch cannot tell you that an officer won't come. One might be unavailable at that exact moment but they should go. I know dh has had to go out on calls just to pick up trash out of the road simply because it was called in.

Quoting Jean8282:

Do you by any chance live in Pittsburg Kansas? Lol because I am in the same situation as you. I just try to ignore it and if they are really bothering you, go to your back room and call the cops.

snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Call the Cops!

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Try the housing authority after you try the landlord. Get a little digital tape recorder and tape the best of the worst. Good luck, and try looking for another apt.
lnrmom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:03 PM

call the police - tell them you think you heard gun shots.

Jasuzha
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

The police won't come believe it or not they suck here there has been 16 murders this year alone and they are all cold cases the police are too busy

By law they have to make the scene if you make the call. If you don't get any response, call the mayor's office.
AnitaA
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Call the cops?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)