Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My living situation, I live alone with my daughter in an income based apartment, now for the most part things are relatively quiet during the day, nobody is outside but at nite while kids are asleep the ADULTS want to fight(mostly the women, who are mothers no less) like lil teenage girls and boys.

They just finished a fight right outside of my house in the road. It's getting to be rediculous I can't sleep at night due to the fighting almost every nite.

To make matters worse, there are people that come through here with loud music and it drives me crazy because it rattles the windows.

My neighbors and i get along infact we barely talk but this has to end. I cannot afford $600 a month.

What can I do about my living situation to make it more bareable for myself and my daughter besides move?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Replies (31-35):
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:14 PM

have you tried talking to your neighbours about this issue?

if you haven't, try... it might help

if you have, and it's hasn't helped, put the police on speed dial, and start calling as soon as the noise starts... after a few visits from the police, I'll bet the fighting will at least cut back, or move into their apartments, rather than in front of your windows

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I would call the cops!
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:29 PM
16 murders....sounds like the city next to me. (Saginaw, MI) Ridiculous how bad it's gotten lately. Anyways, other than calling the cops, can you speak to the landlord?
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I was just there this evening! Lol

Quoting KadenAlansMommy:


Quoting jltplk25:

I live in Ottawa. :)

op- call the police. Dispatch cannot tell you that an officer won't come. One might be unavailable at that exact moment but they should go. I know dh has had to go out on calls just to pick up trash out of the road simply because it was called in.

Quoting Jean8282:

Do you by any chance live in Pittsburg Kansas? Lol because I am in the same situation as you. I just try to ignore it and if they are really bothering you, go to your back room and call the cops.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Notify the land lord about the constant disturbances and urge your neighbors to do the same. The landlord has the duity to rent a safe environment. Also report the noise violations and fights, disturbance of the peace, as many times as you can, and again urge your nieghbors to do the same. Safety in numbers (or multiple complaints) Squeaky wheels get the grease! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)