Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

To those who have kids who have used pediasure in the past.... like, love, or hate? Benefits? I'm thinking of starting to get these for Melo (7yrs old and barely 55lbs). He's been whining and complaining that he's "fat" the boy is far from fat and he's starting to "starve" himself or trying to only eat only once or twice a day. It's scaring me. So I'm going to try and give him "special" chocolate milk drinks because he LOVES milk and chocolate milk to help him get the nutrition he needs. Ideas?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Replies (11-18):
MrsWhite101610
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM
My dd is on pediasure (doctor prescribed it) and she's gained weight with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
He needs to NOT hear you talking about losing weight. He sounds like he is picking up on some negative body image language coming from you.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

He doesn't need therapy...I'm in the process of losing weight and he thinks that I'm perfect, so if I have to he should because I tell him is fine all of the time... He doesn't understand yet that mommy is extremely overweight and its not healthy for me no matter how I have explained it. Its not a therapy needing thing.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Totally agree.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

this!!!

get him into therapy!!!!!!

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

This is only my opinion but dont let him skip meals and supplement with pedisure that is just setting him up for an eating disorder help him learn to eat healthier with smaller portions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Oh ok.  Some of the stuff you said he was doing sent up some big red flags but you do know your son and the situation better than any of us.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

He doesn't need therapy...I'm in the process of losing weight and he thinks that I'm perfect, so if I have to he should because I tell him is fine all of the time... He doesn't understand yet that mommy is extremely overweight and its not healthy for me no matter how I have explained it. Its not a therapy needing thing.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Totally agree.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

this!!!

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

This is only my opinion but dont let him skip meals and supplement with pedisure that is just setting him up for an eating disorder help him learn to eat healthier with smaller portions.

Lynette
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

If he is not listening to you on this then you need to take him into his pediatrician.  Have them explain BMI, healthy weight, etc.  Talk to the doctor and ask what you should do.  Your son is going down a dangerous path.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Totally agree.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

this!!!

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of 4.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Great suggestion!

Quoting Lynette:

If he is not listening to you on this then you need to take him into his pediatrician.  Have them explain BMI, healthy weight, etc.  Talk to the doctor and ask what you should do.  Your son is going down a dangerous path.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Totally agree.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

this!!!

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM
This.

My son hated them so I never used them. I personally think they're nasty....my 2 year old sil has a G-tube and has to use pediasure. I always come home smelling like vanilla. Yuck.

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I'm not talking negative body image language about myself it's reality.... I have HEALTH conditions because I'm OBESE there is a difference. I'm not 110 lbs and saying I'm fat. I'm 260 lbs needing to lose 120 lbs to be healthy so I can live to see my kids graduate from school and have kids of their own. If that's negative body image woman you're living in a sad state of mind.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

He needs to NOT hear you talking about losing weight. He sounds like he is picking up on some negative body image language coming from you.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Totally agree.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

this!!!

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I tried it with my dd when she was about 18mos. and she did not care for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)