Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Never fails

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM
  • 15 Replies

My daughter can fall asleep on my chest, my husband's chest or on our bed easily. She can be in the deepest sleep but the second I pick her up and go to lay her down in her own bed she wakes up before I even actually lay her down. It never fails! I walk away anyway but most of the time she screams until I pick her up and she goes back to sleep. Sometimes, like right now, she wakes up and is wide awake, smiling at me and waiting for me to pick her back up while she plays with her toys. What on earth do I do? She's 6 months btw.

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarineWife0327
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM

BUMP!

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM
Do you have a baby swing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarineWife0327
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Tried it. Occasionally she'll like it, other times she doesnt. There are nights I let her sleep on my chest because she wont sleep otherwise (I know I know, "they" say not to and I'm probably going to get bashed for it). I'm pulling my hair out over it I dont know what to do anymore. I can try to lay her down when she's dozing off but she wakes right back up when she senses she's being put in her bed.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM

My youngest dd does not like her bed either and she's 5yo......I let her get in as deep sleep as possible on my lap and then ease her down in her bed.

SlapItHigh
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

What can you do?  Cosleep!  There is an evoluationary need within your baby to want to sleep with a gaurdian for protection and connection.  Why fight it?

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
You could cosleep if you feel comfortable with that. She's at a good age to establish a routine for bedtime- bath, bottle/breast, book, then lights out. You could start with naps where you sing and rock her for a little bit until she's drowsynthen lay her down.

My 5 year old and 2 year old HAVE to have their CD player on. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
My 10 yr old this thurs.n 7 month old both sleep with radios on too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dani0007
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM

What I did was when I knew they would be getting sleepy i would put them in there crib and cover them with a warm blanket. They would doze right off .... if they are used to your body heat and heart beat then they will wake when you put them in a cooler area. Doesnt hurt a baby to lay in their crib. At 6 months a routine should be underway .., for a week write down what tie shes nodding off and when diaper changes are and meal times this will help you to get her on a schedule and she will start to adhere to it and you will know when to lay her down so she sleeps in crib.

jbirdsladie27
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Do you have a dryer? Warm a blanket and lay it down her crib to warm her spot up... worked wonders with our youngest.
Don't forget to remove it before you lay dd down.

salamandersmom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I might be able to help you.  I'm an "old lady", my kids are 24, 23, 21, 19, and 17.  I had the same problem with my oldest son (the 23 year old).  I could take him with me, carry him around in his infant seat, or hold him all day, and he would sleep.  But, when I would lay him down in his crib, within a few minutes, he'd be wide awake again, and screaming his head off.  I was so exhausted I just wanted to bawl my eyes out, and really felt like I was loosing my mind.  Finally, one night, after the usual hassles, I got him back to sleep finally, and I just put him in the infant seat.  I sat with him for another hour or so, and no waking up.  I was so tired, that I just carried the infant seat down to his bedroom and put the whole thing - baby and infant seat -  into the crib.  And dang if he didn't sleep all night long.  I couldn't believe it!!  So, he slept in his infant seat for almost his whole first year of life.  Do you think this might help?

Then, some other little things that might help...  If your baby falls asleep on your chests, she's hearing your heart beating.  You might try one of those old fashioned wind up clocks that ticks kind of loudly.  Don't set the alarm part, obviously; but you could put the clock either in her crib, or near the crib so she could hear the ticking. 

Another little trick -  you're going to think this is gross, but it does work...   Take something you have been a little sweaty in:  A bra, a t-shirt, something that will smell like you.  (babies are more scent oriented than grown ups)  Put this in the crib with baby.  She will smell you, and feel like you are close to her. 

Anyway, I hope some of this helps.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)