Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Man! This kid is driving me nuts!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 11 Replies
Oliver (13 months) is driving me insane! My DD's are at their grandparents for the week and he is so distraught over them being gone he won't leave my side! If I'm not holding him he just screams. I try to play on the floor with him but it only works if he's sitting in my lap. He won't hardly eat cuz I refuse to hold him while he eats. I'm trying to give him a break cuz I know he's too little to understand that they'll be back but I'm going outta my mind...lol! Once DH is home he's fine. He'll play by himself and be normal. Friday cannot come soon enough!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Put a video of your husband on the tv.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey...goooood idea! Wonder if I have any!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Make one today if you don't have one. It would be cute, that way Oliver can just watch dad all day lol and you can get stuff done.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Hope the video helps and he settles down.

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Poor guy! It is always super hard for Kaitlyn when Cameron leaves for 2 weeks at a time over the summer. It is so hard because they are old enough to notice they are gon. But not old enough to understand why. :(

salamandersmom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Lol...  first, I gotta make a smart-alec comment... next time you'll re-think splitting the kids up!  (all or nothing, grandma!!) 

But, seriously, small children of that age have a strange mind-set.  They think if someone walks out of view, they are just GONE FOREVER.  So poor little Oliver thinks that his sisters are gone forever, and he's afraid that if you are out of sight, you might disappear too.  Obviously that would be a bad, bad thing in his world.  So, he's extra needy, extra clingy.  Of course this is annoying to you.  (I'm sure it would annoy me, too.)  But you have a grown up brain and know the girls are coming back.  He doesn't. 

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Exactly!  

Quoting splatz:

Poor guy! It is always super hard for Kaitlyn when Cameron leaves for 2 weeks at a time over the summer. It is so hard because they are old enough to notice they are gon. But not old enough to understand why. :(

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Oh no, grandma and grandpa don't do diapers...lol.  And I think I would be the one going stark raving mad if I didn't have any of my kids!  lol  Plus, Oliver's a bit of a mama's boy anyway, he wouldn't do good being away from me for 5 days.

Yeah, that's what I told DH on Monday when he got home from work.  I was like this kid has been up my butt all day and won't stop crying unless he's being held!!!  He didn't really get why.  I told him that I thought it was because his sister's were gone that he's afraid I'll leave too.  Poor Bubba.  I totally get it, it's just such a pain.  He's better today than the past two days.  He actually played by himself earlier and actually ate breakfast.  My bestie and her 4 kids are coming over later so that should be fun for him.  He loves her kids and it'll give him someone other than me to play with.  :)

Quoting salamandersmom:

Lol...  first, I gotta make a smart-alec comment... next time you'll re-think splitting the kids up!  (all or nothing, grandma!!) 

But, seriously, small children of that age have a strange mind-set.  They think if someone walks out of view, they are just GONE FOREVER.  So poor little Oliver thinks that his sisters are gone forever, and he's afraid that if you are out of sight, you might disappear too.  Obviously that would be a bad, bad thing in his world.  So, he's extra needy, extra clingy.  Of course this is annoying to you.  (I'm sure it would annoy me, too.)  But you have a grown up brain and know the girls are coming back.  He doesn't. 

WesternNYmom
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Sorry. My son who is 5 is like this sometimes when my daughter is staying overnight at her friend's house.  He isn't as bad as he used to be since he started making friends playing soccer, but up until recently my daughter was his only playmate. There are not too many kids his age in our neighborhood, and non of them live on our street. He will see his friends from pre K at the park once in awhile, but none of the parents are comfortable enough to set up playdates at my or there house.  I am hoping that this changes when ds starts kindergarten. I would love to see my son have friends of his own over. He tries to hang out with dd and her friends, but after awhile the girls get annoyed with him following them around.  I play with him, but it isn't the same.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Awww

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)