Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you miss out on?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 70 Replies

Did you get to go to Prom? Did you have an engagement party, bridal shower or bachelorette party? Did you have the wedding of your dreams? Did you have a baby shower? Do you feel like you missed out on things?

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I never went to prom. I did have a bridal shower and baby shower but got married at the courthouse instead of the wedding I had planned because my mother is an idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

The ONLY thing I had was the wedding of my dreams but everyone else missed out because I didn't invite anyone lol.

Never went to prom, bf was in the Navy and of course was gone.

Never had an engagement let alone party of any sort. We basically eloped.

Never had a baby shower. I missed out on some stuff.

-StarsChildren-
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Did not go to any prom, dropped out before even Junior prom. No engagement party, bridal shower or bachelorette party. Had a wedding, not the one I had planned, but it was good the way it was. No baby shower, didn't want one. Do not feel as if I missed out on things. Life happens, and I have no regrets :)

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I'm sorry your mom ruined your plans =(

Quoting abmaddox1981:

I never went to prom. I did have a bridal shower and baby shower but got married at the courthouse instead of the wedding I had planned because my mother is an idiot.

kellysparkles
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I went to both junior prom and senior ball.

No engagement party/bridal shower/bachelorette party.

I never had an idea of a "dream wedding" but I guess, yeah, I did.

I am pregnant with my first and we're military so we can't go home for a traditional shower so we're doing a virtual one; it's the only way we could resolve family dramas (although I feel like it'll never be squished because his family is drama-packed).

I don't feel like I'm missing out anything.  The engagement party/bridal shower/bachelorette party never appealed to me at all so I'm quite content with never having had one.  I had a "friend" actually stop speaking to me because I didn't want a bachelorette party.  Pathetic, huh?

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's see. went to Prom, go a standing ovation at the Premier where you walk out with your date and an auditorium full of people take pictures. No engagement, bridal, or bachelorette parties. Wedding of my dreams no, but I got the groom which is good enough for me. I've had 2 baby showers, apparently having a 3rd and I've also had a house warming party. I feel pretty well rounded, probably had a few of these things forced on me as far as showers and parties go but I know it was done with good intentions.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Not pathetic.. to each their own.

Quoting kellysparkles:

I am pregnant with my first and we're military so we can't go home for a traditional shower so we're doing a virtual one; it's the only way we could resolve family dramas (although I feel like it'll never be squished because his family is drama-packed).

I don't feel like I'm missing out anything.  The engagement party/bridal shower/bachelorette party never appealed to me at all so I'm quite content with never having had one.  I had a "friend" actually stop speaking to me because I didn't want a bachelorette party.  Pathetic, huh?

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't had any of those. I will have the wedding of my dreams because I'm marrying the man of my dreams.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean pathetic that she stopped talking to me.  She wanted to go to a strip club and get drunk: I don't drink nor do I have any interest in having a man shake his junk in my face (I have a sexy husband for that lol).  

Quoting goddess99:

Not pathetic.. to each their own.

Quoting kellysparkles:

angie2568
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I chose not to go to prom. No engagement party - the "planned" wedding (7 times) never happened_not together anymore. Yes 2 baby showers, middle pregnancy to sick, but I bought things along the way and my 2 wonderful aunts bought alot the night we came home.

I dont feel I missed out on anything, there are things I want to do one day, but if it doesnt happen oh well. I love my life and my kids only have made it better. I get frustrated bc its hard, but the most rewarding job ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)