Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Trying New Things... **EDIT with Recipes!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 35 Replies

Are you trying anything new?

The weather has started to cool off here, 67 today =) so for the last 2 weeks I have taken a recipe from either CM or Pinterest and made a new dessert. 2 weeks ago it was Pineapple Up Side Down Cake - YUM. This last week it was Pumpkin Cake - YUM YUM! and this week it will be a Cherry Cheesecake Dip (dh's request).

baking

Cheesecake dip: 1 block cream cheese, 1 tub marshmallow cream and 2 tubs cool whip mixed together then top with 2 cans cherry pie filling....Serve with graham cracker sticks.

2 things about this recipe: 1 it tastes nothing like cheesecake. 2 It's so good I can over look the title error. When I ran out of graham crackers, I just licked the plate!! Enjoy ladies!! 

Pumpkin Cake recipe:

The Pumpkin cake is 2 ingredients and was our favorite so far.

1 can of 100% Pumpkin, not pie filling

1 Box Duncan Hines Spice Cake

Mix together, don't add anything else and I baked mine in a bundt pan at 350 for about a half hour, clean toothpick test.  OMG so good! it was literaly gone in 12 hours. My picky dd had 3 pieces and licked the plate every time.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Gummie prenatal vitamins, does that count?

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Sure it counts! I had to take Flintstone vitamins when I was pregnant lol.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Gummie prenatal vitamins, does that count?

MrsGuerrero92
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM
It is scorching hot in So California!! Not to mention we've had a few 4.4 earthquakes. Would you mind sharing your recipes. My kids went back to school today, I'd love to have a special treat from them when they get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Recipes!! Especially the cheesecake dip.

We made our own taquitos the other day. They were pretty fabulous.

splatz
by Sarah on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, I am coming to live with you. Its 97 right now!

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Ingredients Baking Instructions

Topping:

• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices
  • Maraschino cherries

Cake:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. For topping, melt butter over low heat in 12-inch cast-iron skillet or skillet with oven-proof handle. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar. Spread to cover bottom of skillet. Arrange pineapple slices, Maraschino cherries and walnut halves in skillet. Set aside.
  3. For cake, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet.
  4. Bake at 350 ºF for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Invert onto serving plate.

I used this recipe but didn't have a skillet that size so used a 9x13 pan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pumpkin cake was 2 ingredents and was our favorite so far.

1 Box Duncan Himes Spice Cake

Mix together, don't add anything else and I baked mine in a bundt pan at 350 for about a half hour, clean toothpick test.  OMG so good! it was literaly gone in 12 hours. My picky dd had 3 pieces and licked the plate every time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the cherry cheesecake dip is good, I'll post the recipe. I'm making it this weekend.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

It is scorching hot in So California!! Not to mention we've had a few 4.4 earthquakes. Would you mind sharing your recipes. My kids went back to school today, I'd love to have a special treat from them when they get home.

goddess99
by Michelle on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

What is taquitos?

Quoting splatz:

Recipes!! Especially the cheesecake dip.

We made our own taquitos the other day. They were pretty fabulous.

MrsGuerrero92
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Thank you soooo much! I have everything for the Pumpkin Cake!! :) let us know what else you try & share the recipes. These look so good & easy to make.

Quoting goddess99:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Ingredients
Baking Instructions

Topping:

• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices
  • Maraschino cherries

Cake:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. For
    topping, melt butter over low heat in 12-inch cast-iron skillet or
    skillet with oven-proof handle. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar.
    Spread to cover bottom of skillet. Arrange pineapple slices, Maraschino
    cherries and walnut halves in skillet. Set aside.
  3. For
    cake, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large
    mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
    Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet.
  4. Bake at 350 ºF for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Invert onto serving plate.

I used this recipe but didn't have a skillet that size so used a 9x13 pan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pumpkin cake was 2 ingredents and was our favorite so far.

1 Box Duncan Himes Spice Cake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the cherry cheesecake dip is good, I'll post the recipe. I'm making it this weekend.

Quoting MrsGuerrero92:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I made a new style of stuffed peppers and a new discharged migas. Only Dhabi liked it though. Lol. I was going to make crock pot lasagna forerunner ton8get but I didn't get back in time to start it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Nothing new here. Thanks for posting the recipe. That will be something new I will try forsure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN